New Bow Review (for the budget archer)

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by G-Street, Feb 9, 2012.

1. G-Street

G-Street Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, all. I've been lurking around here for several months now and have finally decided to join in on the fun. Well, the title says it all. I was on a tight budget but wanted a BRAND NEW bow. I had looked at all kinds of used bows but just didn't feel comfortable with something that wasn't mine. So, I went on the search to find the one bow to rule them all. I shot a lot of bows in my search. I shot several Fred Bears, a few PSE's, a Matthews Z7 (just for fun), a Hoyt Prohawk, a Bowtech of some sort and a Bear Carnage. Several of those bows were out of price range (Matthews, carnage, etc..) but I just wanted to get a feel for what I liked and didn't. I finally went to a relatively new dealer in town whom deals G5 and Matthews. I tried a 2012 G5 Rogue by Quest and it was all over. I show the demo bow which didn't have the price on it and just assumed it was a 600-800 dollar bow. I was amazed to see 399.99 on the sticker of the other bows. Needless to say I was impressed. The draw is super smooth, the wall and valley feel great, it's fast, virtually vibration free and very inexpensive. I ordered mine with the "G-Fade" as they call it, and I think it looks awesome! I ended up getting completely new gear (arrows, rest, feathers, sights, D loop, peep, tune, the works) for under $600. So, if any of you are looking for a new bow, whether you're on a budget or not, I'd highly recommend you give Quest/G5 a look. I've been very pleased with my bow. It's a major upgrade from the 2001 Reflex I came from!

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, if you're happy that is all that matters. Now to practice, practice, practice.

3. KodiakIslandArchery

KodiakIslandArchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    YES....Congrats on the bow, as long as you are comfortable, I don't shoot by brand, but by feel...everyone should...too much goes into shooting a certain brand...

4. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the great deal