Rest Rocket

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Charles Maynard, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Charles Maynard

Charles Maynard Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Rest Rocket a couple of months ago. It is a simple enough device that fulfills an elaborate purpose. It is an add on for the drop away arrow rest. It is applied to almost any arrow rest with the exception of the Limbdriver type and the Mathews Downforce type. As far as I know, every other drop away rest can benefit from the Rest Rocket.
    What it does: The Rest Rocket acts as a delay for the drop away arrow rest. Most people assume, understandably so, that the faster the rest falls, the better. That is not necessarily the case. In most situations, when the bow string is released, the rest falls after about one or two inches of arrow travel. After the rest falls, the front of the arrow will fall slightly. When the Rest Rocket is installed on your drop away arrow rest, the arrow actually gets a full four inches of travel before the rest drops. It takes some pressure off of the rest cable and the buss cable. But the main thing that it does is deliver flatter arrow flight and drastically reduced arrow paradox.
    As an experiment, after I had the Rest Rocket installed and re-sighted my bow, I removed it and was shooting 4 to 5 inches LOW!
    I got my Rest Rocket from www.rest-rocket.com . It costs around $10 and I think it is easily worth twice that. Do yourself a favor and get one today.

CA Maynard

2. Schnidly3658

Schnidly3658 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    HELP Please. I bought the rest rocket for my 2008 Bowtech Commander bow. I installed it according to the instructions on a Code Red rest and everytime I draw the bow the rubber tube comes off of the plastic tube retainers they are slid onto. I tried adjusting the slack between the string clips and I have to almost have the rubber tube so there is no string slack with the tube relaxed. Please advise if anyone can.

Thanks so much