2015 Bowtech Carbon Icon-Opinions

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Ethan Hurd, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ethan Hurd

Ethan Hurd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a Diamond Razor Edge for my first 4 years of bowhunting and now looking to upgrade, as I'm growing out of a youth frame bow. My draw length is 26.5 and 58 lbs draw weight, all the stats work perfect for me so that is not an concern.

I was wondering if anybody has any opinions on this bow? Has anybody had problems with this bow? I'm hoping to have this bow for another 8-10 years.. Any advice or opinions are appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. tpieklo

tpieklo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Upgraded from a Bass Pro (Diamond-built) to a Carbon Icon this October. Its like night and day. Love my bowtech! Luck was on my side and I took a mature 8 pnt on my first hunt with new bow on the evening before Halloween. Took a doe at 30 yds a few weeks later.

Icon draws smooth, is very comfortable to shoot, and plenty fast for me. I have it at 70 lbs in Comfort mode. Ill drop it to 60-65 lbs if and when we get real winter temps in the mid-Atlantic.

I shot a Mission, a G5, and the Hoyt Charger. Liked the Bowtech the best; I give it two thumbs up.

3. Ethan Hurd

Ethan Hurd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man! Appreciate your thoughts and opinion! I'm 85% sure i'll be purchasing this bow, either the Icon or Carbon Knight.

4. EastSiideBow45

EastSiideBow45 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought my Icon a couple weeks ago, it's my first bow, dropped the draw down to 55 to get me started, then I'll go back to 60 once I learn how to shoot well. I like it so far, no field experience until next season tho

5. double bogey

double bogey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up one around thanksgiving (carbon icon). Replaced a 99 model Mathews featherlite. I don't have anything new to compare with, but shot 3 bows at the shop and liked this one best. I went with 60 lb. due to age and bad shoulders. It is very light, so you may need a longer stabilizer to settle it down a bit. have a QAD rest, and a HHA sight. Now f these old eyes would cooperate I could shoot lights out.