Quick fletch issues?

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Sammus422, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Sammus422

Sammus422 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys, first off this is my first ever forum post so if this topic already exists and I missed it I apologize.

So I bought some quick fletches off a store through ebay and followed the instructions religiously but as I was centering my nocks I was breaking fletches off with no effort at all while barely touching them. Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

2. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've used them in the past and never had that issue. Well I did once but I skipped my arrow off a rock so I wouldn't say that counts in this case. I've recently changed back to Blazer vanes and glue. Not due to problems, cheaper and easier to fix. When I took some of the Quick fletches off my arrows, some were easier to peel off and were more brittle than others. I don't know if this has to do with maybe being in the water a few more or less seconds than others or maybe the arrow wasn't completely clean when I put them on. The only other thing I could say is maybe they were a few years old before you got them. Not really sure. If you really like them, maybe try buying a set from the NAP website and see if you have the same issue. I've bought them from NAP and Amazon and never had any problems. Sorry to not be more help.

3. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I tend to agree with Hillbilly Jedi...thinking that they may have been really old, or weren't stored properly. I've used them dozens of times and never had any sort of problem with them.

Bill

4. Sammus422

Sammus422 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had suspected that but didn't want to accuse the seller of that just yet but I've tried the nap quick spins later realizing they don't work well with the whisker biscuit so I just tried the Blazer quick fletch from bohning but makes sense if the glue was brittle before the wraps start shrinking then it won't work well.
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1459855714.063176.jpg

5. Sammus422

Sammus422 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just spoke with bohning over the phone, they had a bad batch of glue last fall, they are sending me new ones. Thanks for the replies guys.

Tribeck likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would use them in an emergency for a repair if I somehow got in a pinch for arrows but I just don't like the finished product, not as durable.

7. Rabbit

Rabbit Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've used the QFQS from NAP for 3 years now with great results. However, the last pack I bought from Cabela's must have came from a bad batch. The two orange vanes were closer together than the white vane which causes obvious problems. Called a rep with NAP and he sent me 3 packs for the trouble...great customer service! For me the convenience factor far out weighs the extra cost and down time. Can repair in the field with my Jetboil if needed. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tribeck likes this.
  8. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am using the bohning stretch fletch and have had no issues with them. Slide them over the nock place glue on shaft at desired place and slide the vanes down over the glue

9. ICSFreak

ICSFreak Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have used these for a few years now and have had no problems at all. they seem like their customer service is pretty decent, good to know they will send you another pack!

10. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have had fletching come in with bad glue but a shot of locktight or gorilla glue fixed that!