Summit Goliath modifications

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Drewrobusmc, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Drewrobusmc

Drewrobusmc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to up grade my summit Goliath before the season starts. The rain visions are old and work out thinking about taking some pool noodles and cutting them to fit around the rails. then taking camp gorilla tape and going over them instead of zip ties, gonna pic up a few cans of paint and redo the paint and add some camo. Also gonna pick up a can of black non slip paint to do the platform so my feet don't slip. I wanna add a gun hanger or rest to it but I've been unable to find ones that will attach to the climber. Does anybody have any climber modifications or fixer uppers/ upgrades they've done to their climbers or stands?

2. SEjeff

SEjeff Newb

Dislikes Received:
  3. SEjeff

SEjeff Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's the viper, but you get the point. Recently changed the seat to the silent seat, definitely made stand better.

4. Michael.herb

Michael.herb Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I sprayed my platform with rubber coating and then painted over it. Helps keep it quiet walking in and provides some grip in the tree.

5. bobbyh

bobbyh Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I added carpet to the bottom section, this keep noise down and wind from entering from the bottom, added a camo cloth all the way around the top bar that hangs below the bottom of the climber, this hides me when i get fidgety and helps keep wind off me, I cut 1 /14 pvc pipe the width of my stand, ran para cord thru it then tied it off to front of the safety bar, its long enough that i can place my feet on it and stretch them out, this allows better blood flow as bent knees constrict the flow, helping me stay warmer, this also allows me to nap on those days I'm in the tree from dark to dark

6. hornhunter

hornhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have 2 and love them !!!

7. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out third hand Archery's stabilizer straps.
    Anyone with a climber needs these.
    Products Detail

They have a great bow holder and foot rest as well.

List of Products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk