Getting my new bow sighted in..

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Jason_wi, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Jason_wi

Jason_wi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased a new MXB-Sniper Lite 2 weeks ago. I finally got around to getting it sighted in. the scope I have is the Hawke 3×32 MAP Wire Reticle, Non-illuminated scope. (XB-Basic Package) I'm using the mission provided bolts and 125 grain field tips. Here is whats happening and I have no idea how to fix it.. at 20 yards it's dead on bulls eye every time. at 30 yards it's about 3-4 inches low and at 40 yards it's 6-7 inches low. With no adjustment on the scope I'm not sure how to fix this. I called the store and they said to expect some of that and did not seemed concerned about it. It would seem to me the scope should be sighted in once your good at 20 yards. I had a MXB320 last year and it was dead on all they way to 50 yards.

Any suggestions?

2. Thunderbolt52

Thunderbolt52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah sight it in at 20,shoot at 30 yrds make adjustments...you should be good out to 50 yards...if your xbow is tuned correctly..Rusty

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  3. Jason_wi

Jason_wi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just a quick update. I took the bow back to the place I purchased it. We determined it was a bad scope. They replaced the scope at no charge and helped me get i sighted back in. No it's good out to 40 yards. have not had a chance to try it at 50 yet.

4. Thunderbolt52

Thunderbolt52 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sweet...good deal....goodluck!