Double trouble with crossbow!

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by onederer, Nov 21, 2014.

1. onederer

onederer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in a hurry, since there's only one more week to go hunting.

After buying a sensitive electronic scale, I was using it to weight the broad-heads, the field points, and the bolts. I found that the field points were much heavier than the broad-head points.

I was setting up the scope for the different distances with the field points. The points weighted 100 grains. I found the the supposedly broad-head points to be much lighter than the field points. I don't have any practice points for the Muzzy 3 blade heads.

Initially, we didn't have that electronic scale to find out about this discrepancy of the different weights between the field points and the broad-heads. After all, both of them were listed as 100 grain points. And we took that for granted.

So I believe that because of that fact, it's the reason that I was missing when I was shooting at game. It looks like the bow will have to be tuned strictly with the broad-heads, instead of using field points. The thing is that we don't have the materials that would allow the broad-head to penetrate the target, and stop, so that we can unscrew the broad-point from the shaft, so that the shaft can be pulled out of the target.

What do you use? How do you cope with this? I don't want to ruin the broad-heads using the target. What about the difference in the actual weight of the broad-heads and the field points, which are both supposed to be listed as 100 grain? I use a 185 lb. Barnett crossbow, with a mechanical winder to cock the bow.

I also bought some rubber washers to use them to make sure that the broad-head points match with the same angles as the feather vanes. Hopefully, the bolts will fly truer that way.

What is opinion on this matter, and your experience? Pls. email a copy of your reply to: zonofaveeATmailDOTcom

Cheers! And thanks!