The crossbow that had to be

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by pick00l, Sep 9, 2014.

1. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm officially a member of the "bought a crossbow" group. My dad is getting a bit older and was struggling with his bow the last two years. Over the weekend he got frustrated and said, I'm not shooting consistent enough and don't feel good about how things are going. His range was already limited to 15 yards.

Since we have talked about getting a crossbow in the family for two years now...it was an easy conversation. He said, go ahead and order one.

I immediately ordered the Ghost 385 after previously checking it out at Cabelas months ago. I think he will be much happier now being confident that if a buck walks into range, he will have a better opportunity to make a clean kill compared to his accuracy with the compound.

He already knows he will miss shooting the compound however, he does not have to stop shooting in the back yard...just no walks in the woods for it this year. I'm happy he is making the switch as it should keep him hunting the archery season or a few more years with me. That's priceless!

2. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's what its all about. My dad doesn't bow hunt but he has been thinking about getting a crossbow. That way we could hunt together more than just rifle season.

3. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Father /Son time is precious...
    I wish mine was still here to go hunting with me albeit I still feel his presence and influence whenever I'm in the woods.

4. FearNot

FearNot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my crossbow in July for daughter. Two weeks ago I tore a muscle in my shoulder that will limit me hunting with bow. I will hunting with the crossbow most of the season now