48-53 yards but i only have 33 yards

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by raptorfx, Aug 18, 2014.

1. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    guys I need help asap...I just measured my back yard which is narrow...I measured it end to end and came up with a total distance of 33 yards..problem is my crossbow scope is multi-reticle and it says the top line is from 15-23 the second line is from 26 to 32 the third line is from 34-38 the fourth line it says is from 42-46 and the fifth line on the very bottom is from 48-53.....but I only have again...33 YARDS to sight in...should I just get the top two lines on the money and say screw the rest of them or what?

2. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe could get the top two dead on and kinda ballpark in the other three by aiming at the 33 yard target with the next lines and figure an idea of hitting high. Like have the 34-38 hitting an inch high at 33, 42-46 maybe 3 inch high at 33, or something like that for them and if you get a chance to fine tune at the right distance then you could get them set right on too, just knowing til you do the first two are the only ones for sure on.
    Just an idea of what I'd probably do with what's there

3. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    turro thank you sir appreciate the help..

4. BearArcher

BearArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First off, unless that crossbow scope was made specifically for your crossbow and bolts, it likely isn't dead on anyway. Those yardages are just ballpark numbers. You will need to shoot your crossbow to confirm their numbers. I would adjust the scope so that the first line was dead on at 20 yards. The second line dead on at around 30 yards and the third line I would make 3 inches high at 33 yards. I wouldn't worry about the other lines. 3 inches high at 33 yards should put you close at 40 yards. Beyond 40 yards, the bolt takes too much time to get to the deer and the chance of the deer moving before it gets there causing a bad hit is too great. That's my opinion anyway.

5. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will sure take this advice..thank you