Quad 400 what do you think?

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Keith Mako, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Keith Mako

Keith Mako Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is this crossbow any good? My friend wants me to buy his.

2. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have heard some things about the Barnett quad 400 to be more specific the limbs can crack/explode causing serious injury..now I don't believe it is all quad 400"s that are manufactured because if it was there would be lawsuits against barnett out the wazoo..i just bought a new raptor fx from Barnett..aint got to shoot it yet but it seems like a very good x-bow..only paid 330.00 for it plus 20.00 shipping..you might want to check it out..i do not feel all the bad ju-ju against Barnett crossbows fair or warranted..if they were such a poor company they would be having A LOT MORE TROUBLE AND YOU WOULD HEAR A LOT MORE..just my 2 cents worth

3. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope it is a decent rig. My friend with a bad shoulder/arm who wants to archery hunt with me just bought this X-bow.

4. Keith Mako

Keith Mako Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't buy it but the guy who was going to sell it said it was a great cross bow

5. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My friend did buy one. I know nothing about xbows. It was not difficult to assemble out of the box. It was impossible to clock manually without a cocking rope which should be included, IMO. It wansn't too difficult to get sighted in. But the thing is LOUD compared to a vertical bow! I thought the thing had blown up the first time he shot it. Again I have nothing to compare it to, but I assume a more expensive xbow would be more quiet.

6. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the quad 400. I love it! Shoots great, pretty fast, easy to get used to. I agree it should come with a cocking rope. The scope and rings that come with it are pretty low quality. I put a new scope on mine and it rocks

7. hunterbikerman

hunterbikerman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hunting my 2nd season with mine. Good X-Bow value. Fast reliable and accurate. I only changed to a higher quality scope

8. malik125

malik125 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Mohsin

if it was there would be lawsuits against barnett out the wazoo..i just bought a new raptor fx from Barnett..aint got to shoot it yet but it seems like a very good x-bow..only paid 330.00 for it plus 20.00 shipping..you might want to check it out..i do not feel all the bad ju-ju against Barnett crossbows fair or warranted..if

9. frydaddy40

frydaddy40 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Quad 400

Hi, i use the Quad 400 for a gator hunting bow on the guided gator hunts i do. I have used it for 2 seasons.

It has never let me down, and harvested 45 gator's in that time, it just does the work.
    I use it with a AMS gator hunting rig, firing a 750 gr. arrow pulling a 400# string, 20 foot range.

It lives a rough life, riding in the boat and has never not got the job do.
    Many it's the arrow passes through on the gator. Have killed gator's up to 12' 6" 600 plus pounds. :D