just curious

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by raptorfx, Aug 16, 2014.

1. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was reading my Barnett raptor users guide today and I noticed that Barnett recommends not leaveing the crossbow cocked for no longer than 4 hours at a time...guys when I deer hunt, I hunt all day, that means im in my stand a hour before daylight and I come out when legal shooting light is over...can someone please make this 4 hour deal a bit more clear to me...or am I simply regulated to hunt with my Barnett four hours at a time?...thank you

2. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably just a way to keep them from having to warranty some damage but really wouldn't know . Guess I should have read my whole manual but have never seen any problems from leaving mine loaded all day .

3. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The reccomendation for not having your crossbow cocked for more than 4hrs at a time is a precationary guideline and not one that has to be followed strictly all the time. It is reccomended that after 4hrs you decock your bow and let it sit 30min before recocking. If you cannot do that it shouldn't be a problem. I have read about many guys leaving their crossbow cocked all day long and then shot a deer at dusk and having no problems, hope this helps!

4. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    KDORSETT12...yes sir that sure does help....thank you very much