Purchased a Mission Dagger

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Heckler, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to prefaces this by stating I was totally against the DNR allowing crossbows during regular archery season. Although I have no intent of using it during archery season I am extremely excited that my 8 soon to be 9 year old son will be able to hunt with me the entire 2014 archery season! As soon as I saw the Dagger I knew it would be the perfect for a small framed hunter. His first 3 shots at 20 yards were in the 10 ring! I have complete confidence he will be able to make clean, ethical kills with the Dagger. This coming week is spring break. I am going to practice with him every day in hopes he is ready for Turkey season come April 1st!

I've had him shooting a bow since he was six. The past two years he is asked me if he is ready to hunt with a bow and it broke my heart to tell him he would need to wait until he can pull back the required 40 lbs draw.
    Right now I have him shoot from a blind chair using an archery bag target as a rest. I did order a 2nd gen Primos trigger stick (tripod) as he is going to need it hunting out of the blind.

I am not sure who is more excited!!!

So in the end the change is regs has been bitter sweet! I think I may be coming around.... :D

2. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  3. Killkenny

Killkenny Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a 320 last year and love it. You and your son will have a blast with it. Good luck.