HHA optimizer any experience with this set up?

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by Westfinger, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am winding down my first season of crossbow hunting but I've been bowhunting over 20 years. I am a huge fan of accuracy and the HHA looks like it would be a very accurate sight to shoot. I'm thinking about upgrading my current set-up but wonder how practical the HHA would be under hunting conditions. I do all my hunting from tree stands and I wonder if having to adjust the dial, while a minor detail in principle adds to much movement and more time between decision to shoot and pulling the trigger. I should add that my G/F and daughter will hopefully be using this set up to hunt as well. In addition I plan on self filming my hunts.

Am I over thinking this?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They work well.
    To expound on this ......If you search this forum you will find lost of posts and testimonials.
    In short we beat this to death 20 times.

3. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh! My first post and it turns out I'm that guy. My apologies to the search feature I go.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No problem! Don't worry about it. Figured that it would be easier to read a bunch on the topic rather then wait for responses.
    Have use one and it's great btw

5. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    After plowing through bunch of the better threads i think I'm going to try it on a new crossbow. I may put one on my Matthews as well. Thanks and I appreciate the feedback. I'm a western new york native myself.

6. johnnyf

johnnyf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought my first crossbow in 2012. I did a lot of research and asked questions

I have a Scorpyd ventilator 150 with an HHA optimizer and a Leupold firedot scope 3x9 with a 30mm tube

I've put down over 15 deer with this setup. Turning the dial is not a problem. You will probably make more movement using the range finder. The Leupold firedot scope gathers so much light that you can actually see better under very low light better than the naked eye. I've killed deer at 50 Yards on a few occasions