Neophyte is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying string for a discontinued crossbow.

A few years back I bought a new Horton Team Realtree bow. I never got around to using it. I actually only fired it for the first time last week.

Now, Tenpoint bought out Horton and it's going to be a couple years (so I've read) before Tenpoint will reintroduce the Horton line.

Question. Say I need a new string. Am I correct in assuming that strings are not interchangeable within brands? I probably couldn't buy a Parker string to fit my Horton, could I?

What about aftermarket parts? Are there any string companies that make such things to fit discontinued products?

Thanx.

Southpaw is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    thecrossbowstore.com

and hit the listing for strings and cables by model and name brand

Aena44 is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has come quite handy. I have been trying to increase comments on my site to get some search engine love.
    Last edited by Aena44; 01-21-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Hutch~n~Son Archery LLC is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    A few years back I bought a new Horton Team Realtree bow. I never got around to using it. I actually only fired it for the first time last week.

Now, Tenpoint bought out Horton and it's going to be a couple years (so I've read) before Tenpoint will reintroduce the Horton line.

Question. Say I need a new string. Am I correct in assuming that strings are not interchangeable within brands? I probably couldn't buy a Parker string to fit my Horton, could I?

What about aftermarket parts? Are there any string companies that make such things to fit discontinued products?

Thanx.
    As far as strings go you can have them custom built. I build plenty. As far as parts not sure how that works but many parts are close enough you could frankin crossbow it if you really had too. But I don't foresee you have to do any thing with it for quite some time.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot
    Need a String Set?
    We Back what we Sell!
    Pm or Email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Or Check us out on the web http://www.bowstringdepot.com/