Killzone Crossbow

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by frantic29, Jul 29, 2013.

1. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone practiced with these yet? My dad wants an expandable with no o rings and doesn't like the over the top stuff like the spitfire. His main concern is opening to easily like the rages are notorious for. And he wants to know how well they fly.

2. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spitfires are awesome to use for a crossbow. I think they are the 1. in crossbow broad heads. We use the 100 grain for the crossbow. Should get em'. No brainer.

3. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We actually have the Spitfires and he doesn't like them. They don't fly as well as the Rages out of his crossbow and he just doesn't like the over the top design. He's a bigger fan of rear deployment stuff. I know they didn't recommend the original Killzones for a crossbow but he is pretty interested in the crossbow version because he hates the o-rings on the Rage and how easily they open.

4. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am still waiting to find the Killzone Crossbow heads. I shoot the Killzone in my compound d and really liked them last year and wanted to switch but haven't found them in the shops yet and the pack I ordered from the pro shop ended up being back ordered.

5. Ladydeerkiller

Ladydeerkiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I killed all 5 of my deer this past season with my Ten Point Titan Extreme and I only use Killzones 125 gr. I love them. I have not hunted with my compound yet, but I plan to use the same just made for compound 100gr. I can usually find both of them at my local archery shops, Bass Pro or Cabela's. I have had to switch to a fixed blade though for hog hunting.

6. freeloader

freeloader Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A friend of mine was a devoted Grim Reaper user for many years.....started using the Killzone this year out of a Tornado and a Horton Vision.....they worked out very well for him......huge exit wounds and ridiculous blood trails

7. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am using the regular killzones in my xbow and they work just fine. I am speculating some heads designed specifically for crossbows are just a marketing ploy. I guess that all depends on just how fast your crossbow is. I am under 350 fps.