Wisconsin Crossbow Legislation

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by wis-redneck, Jul 9, 2013.

1. wis-redneck

wis-redneck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin crossbow legislation. This really tells it like it is.
    Chris Larsen nails it with this podcast. Click on the link and pan down to "Listen now".

http://foremosthunting.podbean.com/2...w-hunting-law/

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. wis-redneck

wis-redneck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If when clicking on this link, and it comes up as error page. scroll down to calender on right side of page, and click on July 8.
    This should connect to the podcast.

3. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Failed logic on multiple levels. Calling a bolt an arrow? He Son and Dad can't hunt archery? 2 Senators are afraid some noob will kill "their" buck? lmao.

4. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe that Crossbows should be allowed during the Bow season an in to Muzzle Loader season.

5. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHMMM? Already legal for anyone to use crossbow in Bear, Deer, Turkey season. For ARCHERY season let's make sure we track the seprate weapons to at least see what happens. All I want people to realize is that when they use a crossbow they are not shooting archery equipment. Not as much effort put in and not as much of a challenge. If you like to use them, fine just don't fool yourself into thinking that you were bowhunting.
    Mostly it is a sales pitch by industry. It won't bring a lot more hunters, a few maybe will switch. Kids will like it since they will like anything cool and are most gullible to marketing.

10 year old can't bowhunt? I think one needs to plan ahead with the youngsters. Maybe they can use compounds legal enough weight. I started at 12 but was shooting 45 lb.bows before that and I am a weak guy. No one needs 70 lbs for deer so the legal minimum weight should be light enough for most kids.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013