Crossbow Injuries

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by BarnettTerror, Dec 8, 2011.

1. BarnettTerror

BarnettTerror Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Doing research on crossbow injuries.
    Many hunting forums have postings containing conversations about crossbow injuries. If anyone has experienced a crossbow injury, please take a moment to take a quick survey at;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE9jUWUzZE5hUG1wclgzRy1rc29LT2c6MQ

Just the other day at a BassPro in Orlando FL, a 16 year old with his parent went to buy a crossbow. While on the BassPro shooting range the youth fired the Styker crossbow and amputated the top portion of his thumb. This according to the archery department manager. Its just that easy.

Numerous accounts of finger(s) & thumb amputations. A few bolt injuries from strings and or limbs breaking.

This by know means is a "bashing" thread, but for research information. Please serous survey responses.

Thank you,

Ldsturg likes this.
  2. opp

opp Newb

Dislikes Received:

Here is my survey

Stupid is stupid does. You can fix stupid.

Amen

3. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cross bows are just so powerful. Like 150 That much pull would hurt on a thumb. What If you had string slap with an cross bow? LOL

4. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Judging by the screen name someone is sniffing green backs for a future settlement.

5. Meat Hunter

Meat Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another crossbow anti sniffing for some ammo?

6. swheele

swheele Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Next they will want to ban cross bows!

7. Van

Van Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seems right on to me.

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The OP is from almost 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure he didn't get what he was looking for.

9. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  10. robert123

robert123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just got back from the hospital so i joined this site to tell everyone to KEEP YOUR *&#$ THUMB AWAY FROM THE RAIL!!! I am new to crossbows but i have years of experience shooting traditional and compound archery. I let my guard down for a split second and now i got 6 stiches. The only thing i can figure is the fletching sliced my thumb. The end of my left thumb was almost sliced off. The arrow didn't miss a beat and I still made a "kill shot" on the target. I haven't been to the target to check the arrow for blood but i will tomorrow... This cert. wasn't the worst injury i have had, but its the first one from hunting related activities. I would hate to see anything break on one of these crossbows. Barnett Jackal------- X-bolts

11. robert123

robert123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hindsight is 20/20

[=robert123;766493]I just got back from the hospital so i joined this site to tell everyone to KEEP YOUR *&#$ THUMB AWAY FROM THE RAIL!!! I am new to crossbows but i have years of experience shooting traditional and compound archery. I let my guard down for a split second and now i got 6 stiches. The only thing i can figure is the fletching sliced my thumb. The end of my left thumb was almost sliced off. The arrow didn't miss a beat and I still made a "kill shot" on the target. I haven't been to the target to check the arrow for blood but i will tomorrow... This cert. wasn't the worst injury i have had, but its the first one from hunting related activities. I would hate to see anything break on one of these crossbows. Barnett Jackal------- X-bolts

I should have read the crossbow safety guidelines on this website BEFORE I got hurt lol

12. jody5252

jody5252 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    about the boy that was injured. WHERE was the tech. person at? bass pro would not let anyone shoot a x-bow with out any kind of supervision...

13. celticwolf210

celticwolf210 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Barnett Predator and the foregrip I so fat that I would have to purposely stick my thumb in the way of the strings. Also when my daughter shoots it, I always check her hands to make sure they are not in the way. Crossbows can be dangerous if you don't be mindfull of what you are doing. As with guns, compound bows, spears, knives, etc...PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!