Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a snitch?

If you see or hear of game violations such as baiting, trespassing, night hunting, using other peoples tags, guns during archery season, ect., do you look the other way, or do you make the call. I have always minded my own business, but no more.
    Not sure how bad it is everywhere, but where I hunt this kind of crap is rampant, and I'm just sick to death of being at a distinct disadvantage because I follow the rules. It pains me to be a snitch, but it pains me more to hear about deer being taken blatantly outside the rules.
    Likes Nissen121523, Invisible man liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Brandon-
    2015 Elite Energy 32 60# @ 28.5"
    Truglo Rival Hunter 3 pin sight, QAD Ultrarest, Trophy Ridge 5 spot quiver, B Stinger Sport Hunter 6" stabilizer
    Trufire Hardcore Max release, Easton Bloodline 400, Slicktrick Magnum 100gr.

bloodcrick is offline Moderator/BHOD Prostaff Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have called in a conservation officer before on someone!
    Likes peakrut liked this post

< BOWHUNT OR DIE X

2009/10/11/12
    /13/14 official G2G attendee
    Mathews Mania member
    200 Point club member
    Bowhunting.com pro staff
    My face book page https://www.facebook.com/#!/dan.richardson.775

drichardson@bowhunting.com

[

Post Thanks / Like
    What state are in?
    Likes early in liked this post

Woodswise Stalker

Post Thanks / Like
    there are regulations/laws put in place for a reason. It's for the safety of not only the people hunting but also for bystanders and the animals as well. Let's use an example shall we, that would be like putting a beautiful woman at a bar seeing how many guys/gals hit on this "beautiful" woman and then following them around and beating them up after. everyone here i hope follows all the reg's and rules that are implemented by each and every state. I'm a police officer and i expect someone to come up to me and tell me that if they saw something that was wrong or out of place. Remember if you SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!!!.
    Likes trkytrack2 liked this post

2016 PSE stinger x
    60 LB draw
    28" DL
    Tru-fire release
    Trophy Ridge 6" Static stabilizer
    Victory Vforce 350 grain arrows
    Trophy Ridge 5 pin hit man sight

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone breaking a game law is stealing from law abiding hunters, it is not snitching.

Pope And Young do not consider does as deer or crossbows as archery equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    i mind my own business until it impacts me personally. i cant relate with your mention of baiting and that taking deer from you. if that is happening to me, if so i am not aware. where i do draw the line on getting law enforcement involved is when things get stolen. the game warden where i hunt now has a key to my place and is hoping to catch the guy that has been stealing from us and a couple clubs around us. i have called the sheriff once due to people spotlighting in urban areas. i wouldnt classify myself as a snitch but when public safety is of concern..i'll do my part and i think you would too bud.
    Likes Skylar oren, Bowhunter728 liked this post

cut the grass, get the money, hunt.

Bear Mauler
    74 draw weight 29 inches
    Easton bloodline 400
    100 grain muzzy mx3
    Nockturnal
    Trophy ridge 5 pin sight
    Rip cord arrow rest
    Summit razor
    2014-2015 team 11 "COMPOUND MAFIA"

Post Thanks / Like
    It goes beyond baiting any intentional violation is taking from those that follow the laws.
    Pope And Young do not consider does as deer or crossbows as archery equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't yet but I would if need be. it's important for us to help out the C.O.'s cause there are so few of them. Call the T.I.P. line and remain anonymous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on the law being broken. Trespassing on someone else's land it is up to the landowner to call the police.(DNR doesn't have authority to enforce trespassing in Wisconsin.) If I have permission on the same land then I will let the landowner know and hopefully he takes action. Otherwise I have high standards and ethics when it comes to the outdoors. I will call!
    Last edited by peakrut; 01-20-2017 at 02:55 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/bowhunting
    FACEBOOK ADMIN!
    www.ultimatecamo.com
    2011 DEER CONTEST CHAMPS
    ~Tony~

Post Thanks / Like
    I call, but always find it interesting when you call out a violation on an internet forum and are called a bunny cop wannabe....You would think forums dealing with the outdoors would support the law abider......But they don't always

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I probably wouldn't bother. my neighbor called on a road hunter that she physically seen shoot a deer and called. she even went to court to testify and it went nowhere. all it did was waste her time. i don't put a lot of faith in our judicial system and law enforcement in my area. if someone is screwing with me in the woods and i know who they are it will be returned ten fold.
    Likes dukester78 liked this post

Terry

Mission G3
    Qad rest
    Goldtip Kinetics
    Muzzy
    Asat camo
    Atlas snowshoes

Post Thanks / Like
    I live here in east Tennessee out deer hunting found two guys baiting a bear got comfortable called the game warden don't consider it snitching was doing my part as a hunter if I caught them again would do the same cost me too much money too turn my head

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    If somebody is breaking the law it's our "duty", within reason, to advise the authorities. There are waaaay too many folks who "don't want to get involved" and that's what keeps the scumbags being scumbags!! Get involved.
    Last edited by early in; 01-20-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    Likes Longdraw, Rangerdan, Sota liked this post

'07 Hoyt Vectrix XL
    '02 Horton Yukon SL 150# CB (silent thunder) for late season.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
    Nobody wants to be "that guy", but at the end of the day, it could be your land being trespassed on, your stands being stolen, or your neighbor causing the spread of CWD! I have respect for DNR officers and Wardens dealing with difficult individuals every day.
    We can help them by providing as much assistance and information as possible. As mentioned in this thread already, these folks are stealing from law abiding citizens. He/she doesn't have to be your neighbor for him/her to steal from you! Less game in one region, will displace those hunters and cause them to go hunt/fish elsewhere and then it may very well become your problem. Fish & wildlife violations have a way of trickling down and becoming everyone's problem sooner or later. Nip it in the bud when you can!
    PRIME RIVAL
    G5 CMAX Drop-Away rest
    Tight Spot 5-Arrow Quiver
    HHA Optimizer-lite Ultra Single Pin
    Apex Carbon Core Stabilizer
    Easton Axis 300's
    Nockturnal Lighted Nocks
    Rage Hypodermic 100g

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast