Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    To the left of my printer(Prairie Farm WI)
    Post Thanks / Like

Why won't you let someone recover a deer on their land?

I rather confused, why won't you let someone recover a deer on their land? Seems like basic respect for both the deer and hunter. Maybe if they had a meth cooking operation or some girl tied up.

Yes, I have neighbors I really don't care for and we have hurt feeling going back decades, but I still let them recover their deer. In fact, I put the word out, no need to ask, just respect my hunting too and dress it out away from our buildings(family pets get in to it otherwise).

Just wondering,
    MOBU
    2014 Mission Riot w/ Lost camo

Spent most of my money on bowhunting, guns, women and booze. The rest, I wasted.

Post Thanks / Like
    *******s.

*******s everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problem if they came to the house and asked or called I would even help track and drag.
    Likes kgtech liked this post

Pope And Young do not consider does as deer or crossbows as archery equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would only allow them to track on our property if they got our permission every time, I'd want to help them track so i know where the deer was harvested.

Telling them they are allowed to track a deer whenever they want without permission seems like an open invite for trespassing anytime of year.
    Likes CoveyMaster liked this post

2016 24 HR Assassins (121 3/4)

If The Rod Tips Are High, So Am I
    Rock On Tampon, See You Next Period
    Shoot Anything You Want, As Long As It's Mathews

N0.6Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    We have cattle.

Travis

Hoyt Charger
    HHA Optimizer
    Whisker Biscuit
    Apex Reactor
    Easton FMJ
    Muzzy Trocar

Post Thanks / Like
    I would want them to ask and wait for my permission. Myself or somebody else might be actively hunting and not want them tracking until a later time. There maybe areas that if possible I would want them to try and avoid tracking through if possible so I would likely go help them.
    Likes GoInLight liked this post

Hoyt Charger 60-70# 28.5"
    TruGlo Extreme Micro-adjust Compact
    QAD UltraRest HDX
    TruGlo Tru-Tec Carbon Pro Stab
    Victory VForce
    Broadhead TBD.
    Rage Cage Ultra-Light Quiver

Post Thanks / Like
    I would let someone look if they asked for permission, but like you said in your opening statement " seems like basic respect for both the deer and hunter" the problem with some people today is a basic respect for others! Dont come to my house demanding things or have an attitude and we will get along fine. If you gonna not be respectful to me i wont allow you to search. my point is people need to get back to having respect for others. What ever happened to manners? its rare to see young people today use words like sir or mam.
    Likes JHasty, kahneyjd, kgtech, NCcrittergitter liked this post

The only place success comes before work is the dictionary. You gotta put in that work!

http://www.keystonewildoutdoors.com/
    CHECK OUT KEYSTONE WILD OUTDOORS DEC 31ST 8PM ON THE HUNT CHANNEL!

Scent Crusher Field Staff

Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34
    Black Eagle x-impact arrows
    HHA Kingpin dovetail
    NAP Spitfire Doublecross
    Team 13- The Deadly Dozen

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say that I do have a neighbor same one that had an issue with the blood coming out of a doe I shot that if I have a deer cross the fence I love them enough to protect them from the truth and remove the deer, they would not prevent me from recovering but nothing good would come from me having to explain I need to track a wounded animal. I am 100% certain that if they were asked their preference they would say they would rather not know.
    Pope And Young do not consider does as deer or crossbows as archery equipment.

9. 12-15-2016 10:16 AM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uncljohn View Post
    if it dies on my land, its going into my freezer. Otherwise, be a better shot.
    ****** bag post of the month right here^^. Congrats
    Likes Lung Buster, Swise660, Tony, Pro V1, TKP030 and 6 others liked this post

"A man with no enemies is a man with no character............Paul Newman
    "It is good to have and end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.".. Ernst Hemingway
    "Happiness is a blood trail".......Me, Trial153

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uncljohn View Post
    if it dies on my land, its going into my freezer. Otherwise, be a better shot.
    Unless you tag it, wouldn't that be considered poaching?
    Likes cantexian, w33kender liked this post

Mathews No Cam HTR 30/65 Black
    QAD Mathews Ultra Rest
    Vital X - Startrax
    Easton Axis 5mm 340 Blazer Vanes
    QAD Exodus Swept 100gr
    Mathews ArrowWeb CT Quiver
    Sitka Gear

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as they ask permission before coming on my land, I would have no issue with them looking. People have done the same for me. I would help them look if I had the time.
    Gear:
    Hoyt Charger #70 26.5"
    Easton Axis 340s
    Slick Trick Magnums 100 grain
    Black Gold Ambush Ascent
    True Fire 360

Today I will do what others won't so that tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.-Jerry Rice

Ps 73:26

Post Thanks / Like
    Similar thoughts here! I would want to know where it crossed and if they truly recovered the animal. Its a saddened world when one has a hard thought trusting a neighbor, But knowing all the details makes building that respect and trust that much easier. If willing able and Knowledgeable, the land owner knows every inch of there property to help as a speedy recovery with little disturbance to the property, and not just careless wandering stirring up the woods during the best time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by remmett70 View Post
    I would want them to ask and wait for my permission. Myself or somebody else might be actively hunting and not want them tracking until a later time. There maybe areas that if possible I would want them to try and avoid tracking through if possible so I would likely go help them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Respect is the key word here. I have helped track and recover deer on my land when people have asked. I allow youth hunters to hunt on my land and use my blinds, if the young person asks themselves.

At the same time, I have one neighbor that I will have arrested if I ever catch him on my land. Something about cutting firewood on my land, without asking and then selling it and after being confronted and being told to NEVER step foot on my land, an illegal deer, somehow was shot and left in front of one of my stands and then the Game Warden was called??????????
    You don't quit hunting because you get old.
    You get old because you quit hunting.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast