Shooting with quiver on bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Coop, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I did a search and cam eup empty but my search-fu is weak so I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseum.

I have always taken my quiver off once set up in the tree, so I just used whatever cheap quiver I had. I had bicep tendon surgery a month ago and I am not sure if I will be able to use my LW handclimber all the time and may get back to my roots and ground hunt or still hunt some this season. With that said I want a quiver I can leave on the bow. The Octane quiver that came on my Assassin is too noisy to shoot with it on.

Right now I am leaning towards the 2013 Tightspot due to reviews on other sites. But I would not complain about a cheaper option haha.

If you shoot with your quiver on your bow, what do you use an dhow do you like it? Thanks!

2. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot with my mathews T3 quiver on. It's quiet, light, and doesn't affect my accuracy.

Just my opinion, but I don't see a reason to take the quiver off once in the tree. In the rare opportunity I'd get a follow up shot, I could grab a new arrow without taking my eyes off the target. I don't see how that would be possible with my quiver detached and placed elsewhere in the tree.

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've just always preferred how a bow feels without a quiver on it. But I plan to change that this season.

4. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i love my alpine soft lock quiver got it on ebay for a resonable price!

5. crohunter

crohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have trophy ridge threat quiver...allways on the bow...quiet but little heavy...but not problem for me...for me this is very good quiver..

6. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i have a G5 head loc quiver. i really like it. and doesn't seem to botherer my accuracy

7. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bone collector, works fine. I leave them on nowadays. Accuracy should never be affected and alittle more noise on release doesn't matter for string jump.
    I would love to see bow mfgs. publish a decibel level like ibo speed for each bow. That would be interesting/

8. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There's more good things then bad things with a quiver on.

9. Rich71

Rich71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used a quickie quiver up until last year and switched to a pack with an attached quiver. I never liked shooting with the quiver attached either. Now I use a horn hunter slingshot pack with the quiver attached. Wouldn't be good for the guy that packs in a stand each hunt but for blind or ground hunting it would do fine.

10. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I almost always remove my quiver when hunting. (Mathews T-5)

11. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I always hunt with a quiver on my bow now. Like you, I wanted a quiver that is quiet upon release. To me there is nothing more annoying that correctable noises with my set-up! The 2 quivers I have the best luck with are the Elite quivers for the bow and the TightSpot. The TightSpot is expensive for a quiver, but is lightweight, quiet at release and makes for a very compact set-up.

4 years ago I missed a nice buck when I hit a branch between the 2 of us. He was not sure what had happened and looked around. As I struggled to retrieve another arrow from my quiver that was hanging on the tree he busted me. I am confident that if the quiver was on my bow I would have tagged that buck versus the neighbor who shot him 5 times during gun season!!! Another benefit for shooting/hunting with a decent quiver on your bow is that they seem to reduce vibration at the shot...unless that is just me!

12. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    On my old set up, I never noticed a noise/weight difference. I'll try it when I get my new bow, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think it would be easier to sneak up on them with it on the bow instead of in a pack or other type of quiver

13. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The TightSpot is a great quiver Ive used one for several outings...I recently just upgraded to the Mathews T5 and love it. Have also use the G5s and they are great quivers too.

14. hunthard

hunthard Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Try a hip quiver, just a thought for ya if your still hunting , but like someone else said the alpine is nice i leave mine on but i only have a 3 arrow quiver

15. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I second this. No noise and easy to put on and take off.

16. northernredneck

northernredneck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have my trophy ridge and I leave it on for the simple fact like others have said if a follow up shot is needed my arrows are right there and it doesn't add too much weight.

17. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally don't shot with my quiver on my bow. Just have always preferred it off but I have heard a lot of good reviews for the Soft Loc and Tight Spot. No experience personally but I'm sure they are both well worth the money.

18. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks folks. I also posted this question on huntingpa.com and the Soft Loc got the most votes there too. It's funny because on AT everybody says Tightspot, but now I am considering checking out the Alpine. Too many people like it to ignore it.

19. PA-Legion

PA-Legion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never really shot with my quiver on to be honest. My buddy swears that it affects him but i have heard many people say there is no difference. I would imagine that a heavier quiver would affect your accuracy?

20. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Actually I always have taken the quiver off but I like that T3 concept better. With hogs it's always good to put another arrow in them If you get the chance.