Recommend a sight and stabiliser

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by spetzie, May 7, 2012.

1. spetzie

spetzie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all

I am getting a Mathews Jewel bow in about 2 months time and would like to buy some nice accessories to suit a mathews bow. I will be mainly hunting with the bow. I need a sight and stabiliser (both need to be light weight). I would like the sight to have micro click adjustments on both the vertical and horizontal adjustments and a light would be nice to.

What can you recommend for me. Also how much does your average sight weigh (most websites do not state the weight of their sights)

2. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Axion GLX sight And Axion GLZ stabilizer. Both are made to match the gridlock riser on Mathews bows so they look great! They are also highly functional, built tough, offered in LOST camo, and made in America.

3. spetzie

spetzie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    yeah i was looking at them and heard some good reviews on the axion stabiliser but didn't know if the sight was any good. BTW what length stabiliser would you recommend. Like i said in my post i want a light setup but i also want an effective setup. Im looking at the 5 inch but i don't know if 6.5oz will be too heavy. Is there a minimum weight/length a stabiliser should be to be effective?

4. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As with anything, you get what you pay for and it really depends on what you're willing to spend on an item.

There are so many good sights on the market these days, its hard to do some research and end up with something bad. Spot Hogg, Axion, Copper John, Viper, etc. They all make excellent sights. If you have some shops in the area, go to all of them and see what they have. Handle them and decide for yourself what you like.

As for stabilizers. For hunting purposes, I don't think weight is much of an issue. You're not shooting 40 + yards routinely in the field and that is when a heavier, longer stabilizer will shine. However, I'd still go to a shop and try some different stabilizers on your bow. You might find that you shoot better with a heavier one. For me, most bows today are too light and I just don't feel comfortable unless I get a little weight on it. Once my bow is loaded down with sight, rest and stabilizer, it settles down more for me and I shoot it better.

5. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    HHA and Doinker.

6. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree it is hard to beat an HHA

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Axcel sight and K-Tech stab

8. USFAN51473

USFAN51473 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have an Apex 4 pin sight and stabilizer. They seem to work for me.