Quick Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by treyman654, Jul 29, 2016.

1. treyman654

treyman654 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How come we never really see any of the Pro Staffers hunt any elk? I've been just thinking to myself that I've seen almost all of the seasons but I have never seen anybody pursue any elk really ( that I can remember) Would be cool to see one once in a while.

2. theleo

theleo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is because they're trying to cater to and be helpful to the largest bow hunting group out there, the eastern white tail hunters. Seems that what the vast majority of folks on this are. I'm by no means being critical of what they're doing, but there's not necessarily all that much that translates from chasing elk in the mountains to trying to bag a white tail in the hardwoods. For the most part, it's extremely different kinds of hunting and they're trying to be as helpful as they can to the vast majority of their readers.

3. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We've talked about this a little bit before. What most of us die hard whitetail hunters want to watch is whitetail hunting. It's what Bowhunt or Die was built on. An exception is when we do make that trip out west to hunt muley, antelope or elk. We binge watch whatever we are going to hunt before we go but then don't watch it again until before the next time we schedule a trip. For most, whitetail hunting is the sole reason they watch and continue to watch the show. For that reason it is mostly focused on whitetails.

I think some of the Prostaff is going out west to hunt elk this year so keep an eye out!

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dear Lord, I sound like a Graf - groupie. :eek:

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dan Richardson will be going out west elk hunting. Also Fitz has been out there too. :tu:

7. Paulmorrison

Paulmorrison BHOD ProStaff

Dislikes Received:
    Elk hunting is total different ball game and takes a ton of work and normally a extra person to run the camera for you. Also elk hunting can cost a ton of money and time off work for you and your camera man, of which I need more of already.. It would be a little different if we lived in elk county and was a little more accessible. But I'm with you I would love to see more elk hunting and I'm hoping some of the guys have some western trips up there sleeves!!

Tags: