New Hampshire Laws on Felons Owning a Bow & Arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by The Amatuer, Feb 19, 2012.

1. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to over shadow Name thread, but he asked a simple question that got me to inquire about New Hampshire Bow Laws so I thought I would post some of them so you can judge them yourself as I did.

Frankly they are ridiculous and far as putting my name and address on a arrow. Bite Me!

As part of this mandate, New Hampshire places stringent rules upon felons in regard to their right to own or possess a bow and arrows, despite their use in hunting and other legal activities under New Hampshire law.

Discharge Near a Dwelling

Regardless of right to use, it is unlawful in New Hampshire under RSA 207:3-a to discharge a bow and arrows within 300 feet of a permanently occupied dwelling without the owner's possession.

Deadly Weapon

New Hampshire defines a deadly weapon under 625:11 of the New Hampshire Code as a substance or thing which in the manner it is used or intended to be used is known to be capable of producing death or serious bodily injury. This is a catch-all provision that encompasses crossbows along with a bow and arrows.

Possession by a Felon

Under 159:3 of the New Hampshire Code, a felon may not have in her possession, or under her control, a deadly weapon. The law applies to felons convicted of crimes against the person or property of another, or a drug offense.

Penalty

Possession or ownership of a deadly weapon (such as a bow and arrows) is punishable under New Hampshire law a Class B felony which is punishable under 625:9 by a minimum of 1 year, and up to 7 years incarceration in addition to fines.

Any takers?