Hunting age requirements?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ernmcburn, Apr 28, 2016.

1. ernmcburn

ernmcburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I really want to go hunt turkey alone with my bow tomorrow. I'm 14, completed the hunters safety course, and will hunt on my uncles land. I live in ohio... Anyone from ohio know?.Is it ok for me to hunt alone? I really need to know...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes you should be able to. Good luck!

3. Clem

Clem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak from a legal stand point but I've been hunting since I was 7 I see no ethical problem with you hunting. As long as you have been taught the essentials. I know 40 year old men who should not be hunting. I say do it! But remember, all animals deserve to die with dignity, We are hunters because we respect animals too much to source all our food from lot feed steers and barn raised chickens and hogs. So pay the animal respect of killing it with the least possible pain to the animal (and that way the meat tastes better)

This means take selective shots, wait until they are half your max practice range so the shot seems like a cake walk, only hit that release when you are absolutely comfortable, with the shot, your preparation and have every confidence that they animal will die quickly. Now if you do mess up because of Adrenalin and other factors don't worry but you must make every effort to kill and animal ethically.

Good luck and hunt on!!!! Hunt hard and welcome the a brotherhood (and sisterhood) that stretches back to our cave living ancestors.

Clem

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope sorry due to the leap year you have to be 15 in ohio to hunt without parental supervision.:p

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: