Elite Impulse Bow Review

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. P.Smash

P.Smash Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe one day Kevin Strother will come back and make that company great again :)

3. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good article will have to check them out

4. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shot it. Loved it. But not enough to justify getting rid of the Energy 32.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I picked one up thus spring. The 31 is solid at some draw lengths, easy to tune, makes it ratings really easy. The six inch brace isn't an issue for me and the little bit of extra speed is plus with my moose arrow build this year. My only complaint is the mass weight, I would rather a bow under 4 pounds.

6. ontarget7

ontarget7 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Love the 31, it's a tack driver !

Ended up going 80# limbs on mine and really like the little bit of extra holding weight, while still keeping the big valley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SEMO Growler

SEMO Growler Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Love my my new 31 so far. This thing is fun to shoot. I just can't wait to get that first one down. Always something about dropping that first deer with a new set up.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was planning to buy a 50# i31 until I found the super deal on this Synergy. If I can go back to 60# next year it will be back on my radar for sure.

9. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like Strothers needs Elite WAYYY more than Elite needs Strothers. Elite is building bows better than anything strothers could dream of

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I have no dog in the fight, however Strother is still designing bows for Obsession and their Defcon series has been heavily praised over the past 2 years. Most tests in fact show the Obsession bows finishing higher than Elite's offerings.

No doubt they're both great bows however it seems like he's doing okay on his own.

Carry on!

11. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My "frustration" is finding a completely honest and unbiased opinion on how a bow shoots and performs. All too often now days it's like seeing a commercial on TV where the fine prints says "Paid spokesperson". If someone is a pro-staff member for the company, how can they possibly give a bad review? As with every bow, every shooter will think the bow "feels" a little better or worse to each shooter.

I posted this link/thread a few days ago http://forums.bowhunting.com/tech-t...timate-compound-bow-field-test-winners-81160/ and was honestly very surprised at the results. Not Hoyt, Mathews or Bowtech made their top selections. If I'm not mistaken, the Impulse was one selected by Scoutlook.

12. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have no loyalty or ties to any brand of bow, and I can honestly say until this year I've never owned an elite despite many of my friends shooting them and having excellent things to say. I've honestly given a lot of my friends a hard time about owning elite bows after owning multiple different brands of bows over the years. However, after spending significant time behind a camera for a buddy shooting an elite this year and seeing how much his shooting has improved, I added it to my list of bows to try out and shoot this year when I was purchasing one back in April.

I ended up shooting everything I could at local shops...Elite, Mathews, Hoyt, Prime, Obsession, and Bear, and the Impulse 31 was my favorite and after months of shooting I feel like I made an excellent decision. For what we pay for a high end bow nowadays, you won't be getting anything subpar no matter which brand you choose (in my opinion). I also really liked the Halon, and if I had an incredibly hard time choosing between the two.

Great review, and to anyone who hasn't shot an elite bow before, just as I hadn't, keep an open mind to it because it is a very smooth, solid, great performing bow. And to anyone who doesn't like it, to each their own :)

13. MOGC

MOGC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My son has an Impulse 31 and loves it. We have been shooting Elite since 2013. We both started with the Answer. I'm still shooting my Answer. I haven't shot anything from another manufacturer to make me want to switch.

14. USAF Bowhunter

USAF Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bought an Elite Impulse 31 a month ago. I love it. I actually went into the shop to buy either a Matthews or a Hoyt, and came out with a bow I had never really heard of much and never shot that brand before. It just felt the best to me. Not knocking any other brand but I am happy with my choice. Can't wait to get in the stand with it!!

15. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the i34 is a pain to draw back. any draw length under 29" it great but over 29.5 above don't get one.
    stick with the i31 better draw cycle al the way around.

i should have bought the prime rival!!!