Easton HEXX ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bryan Jeffrey, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Bryan Jeffrey

Bryan Jeffrey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IV been shooting Easton bloodlines for a while now, and I really like them. After seeing a post about someone asking about maybe buying new arrows. I started thinking that I might be interested in changing it up. I looked threw the arrows Easton offers. And I saw the HEXX arrows. They are very similar to the bloodline. Except the tolerances are much tighter. Has anyone tried these arrows? And what do to think of them?

I'm not interested in trying another brand, or model of arrow. It is ether HEXX or Bloodline arrows. So let's just stick to that please

2. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't used either but if you shoot well with your arrows right now, keep em! Save your money and buy some new broad heads!

3. Captn Kirk

Captn Kirk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few seasons and kills with the HEXX and i can say they have been a great setup I went with them as they have the 7.9 GPI (330shaft) so i have a 28" with a 50 grain insert great foc and a hunting weight of 420 gr

4. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Yea my bloodlines are almost the exact same specs, the HEXX just has a tighter tolerance. My arrows are 415gr @29"

5. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Hexx were a fantastic arrow for me when I shot them a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Riverduck11

Riverduck11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had asked almost this same question about 3 months ago as I was shooting Bloodlines and thinking of going to Hexx for tighter tolerances and a slightly flatter flying arrow. Every review I got from guys that shoot them basically had nothing but great things to say. They all though like the poster above were adding 50 grains up front to get it over 400 grains total. I did not want to add weight upfront and equal the same weight after spending so much on arrows. So I was left to worry if a 28" arrow only weighing approximately 360 grains would penetrate enough.

Based on all reviews I think you would be happy with performance but I don't think it would be that much different than the bloodline. I went with a whole different arrow, but will not mention to keep it on the Easton subject you requested.

7. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you very very much. I am not worried about KE. I have never hunted elk, moose, grizzly, or buffalo. and I have 82ft lbs of KE right now.

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The more weight up front, the better.

Sent from my SM-S820L

9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know if you like the switch. I shoot the Bloodlines as well and am happy but I'll take all the help I can get if the tolerance makes a noticeable difference. :lol:

10. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think most would be hard pressed to see the difference between .003" to .001". None of us are professional archers. However if you just want to try new arrows, nothing wrong with that. I have been shooting Bloodlines since 2012 but have the urge to try some new arrows this year. I am yet undecided what shaft I will be using.

11. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  12. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree with that for the most part. If your "looking for all the help you can get" it won't help. But where I'm at at the yardage I shoot. My "heaver" arrows are constantly hitting lower. And all my arrows are within a couple grain. I feel confident I will see a little improvement.

13. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well the straightness tolerance has nothing to do with weight. You comment on the tolerance in your first post, but the weight is totally different. :)

14. Bryan Jeffrey

Dislikes Received:
    Well my point is. If my heavier arrows are always lower. Then my shots should be consistent enough to hopefully see some effect of straighter arrows. I don't know we will see. Wouldn't be the first time IV been way to overly confident. Bahahaha

15. stratofisher

stratofisher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Hexx and they are pretty good arrows. Have held up well with the exception of the steel deer, but even then it was just a front end collapse.