Early season deer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowguy, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've read for years guys talking bout what I think may be some good info but a little over analyzing. Early season undisturbed deer are extremely pattern able. I never use cameras, stay out of the woods as much as possible, etc. Never let them know season is coming. Rest your spots when season does open, and hunt food sources. Every evening they're coming, in the morning they're leaving. Plan your exit/entrance so you don't walk through the area or so your scent doesn't blow through. Few nights of that you personally are responsible for the pressure they feel. Lots of guys look for pinch points in the woods. I believe that may work when the rut is on, especially when bucks are cruising. But early on stay near the edges imo n as they start hitting the fields later say in the evening follow them in only when they start coming out too late. Back away from the fields in the morning as they leave earlier. Id never be sitting fields in am but in some particular instances it could work. Acorn strategy slighty dif but again exit/entrance is key to keeping them coming in the light.I'm sure other ways work n everyone has dif experience, as a newer hunter especially don't get too far in until you understand the basics n can build off that

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016