CWD Found in Two MN Deer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is right in the area where I hunt...pretty depressing to say the least. Sounds like they are going to allow land owners and to obtain additional tags to harvest deer to have them tested in addition to allows tags for public land and possibly using sharp shooters. It's disappinting from a hunters view knowing the potential for a significant decrease in deer population in the area but even more so for the deer that will be harvested and not test positive for CWD.

3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i have GREAT FAITH in our MN deer management team.

they will surely screw this up big timer:bigcry::bigcry:

4. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really hope our state hires a giant crew of sharp shooters to take out hundreds of deer in order to test them for a disease that has never impacted human life. Then maybe we can learn from the zero deer they kill that are infected. That would be very beneficial to our herd.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are so bitter it is what it is.

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Look they have proven to **** up quite a few things when it comes to hunting. When you invest so much time, money and effort it is ridiculous to see some DUMB ****S come in and wreck it!!!

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am not so sure they are going to nuke the area, talked to some wildlife folks I know in the area and they do not think killing them all is the answer.

8. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I heard that they may remove the APR in the SE zones, you guys know anything about that? I'm sure they won't completely whipe out the population but I think the potential for a significantly lowered population is likely if they implement the same measures they did up by PI around 05/06. I feel disappointment would be a good term for the situation at hand, and like Monster raxx mentioned, the amount of effort that has been put into herd management over the years will have been redundant if in fact an abundance of tags are given and sharp shoooters are used as well. What do they do with the carcasses after they test them?