W

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Afflicted, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Steve Rinella mentioned on a podcast of how everything gets recycled in the woods and in nature but as humans we put ourselves in boxes or get cremated and we are put back in natures recycling bin.

Is that odd? Would you be OK with having a heart attack while out hunting at a ripe old age and knowing that your flesh will feed some of these animals that we love so much and not go to waste. I think our families could be traumatized by it but things that make you go Hmmmm.

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would not have an issue with that. It's the cycle of nature. Just another animal carcass after the lights are out. Sad but true.

3. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't have an issue with that either... i'm sure my family would though

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter knows the exact oak tree to dump my ashes around. The tree is close to one of my stands, a drop of water can travel 3 directions at the location. I was going to have them plant an apple tree and put my ashes by the rootball but they might feel bad if the tree died so I went with the oak tree.

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be dead so it won't matter to me if that happens. I'd be fine with it I think.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be dead. Do what you want.

7. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure what I did with this post but I thought I deleted it and started a new one. Maybe a monitor and straighten it out.

Crazy thought but I agree. Just grab your bow and disappear into the mountains.

8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am an organ donor, so I would like to think something could be saved to help another person. Otherwise, I do not care much. I would rather be dead in woods and feeding animals instead of dead in a box rotting into nothing.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kinda like the elderly eskimo walk when you are done being useful to the group.

10. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This gives me an idea. If I know I'm going to croak soon I could ingest some poison out at the family farm. Say my last goodbyes and take one last walk. The coyotes could feast on my tainted flesh. How's that for some final predator management. Even in death I will still be a conservationist.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

11. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would be buried if the laws would allow a human to be thrown into a hole and rot back into the earth, but since you have to be sealed in a box, I'm going to be cremated. I'd prefer feeding the animals over a fiberglass box that would last forever..... After the lights go out we're all just meat and bones anyway. Throw me in the fire and dump my ashes somewhere nice....

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd prefer to be buried in a pine box but since that isn't allowed (why the eff not? Do they think zombies will arise good grief) but since I guess that isn't allowed any more, I want to be cremated. I think that actually is going back to the planet is it not?

Funerals are mostly for the benefit of the still living. I won't care after I'm gone but I care now and that's what matters. Ashes to ashes...dust to dust. Doesn't seem right, to cut off the resources that comprise our material selves, from the planet that bore and sustained us. I've held this belief since I was about 7 years old.

13. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen a few news articles about peoples remains or ashes being put in some type of pod that is put in the soil and a tree grows out of it. That to me seems like a good choice.

14. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As long as I'm not stuffed and mounted. They can do just about anything with me. I do hope my organs can be of use to somebody else but they way I have treated myself over the years I might feel sorry for who ever get one of my organs.

Do they have a return policy on organ donation.

15. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am definitely in the organ donor camp. Cremate me and plant a tree in the ashes for the rest. When I was a kid in the late 70's my brother always used to say that when he died he wanted to be cremated and have a pot plant grown in his ashes, and then to have all his friends smoke a bowl together in his memory. I can see it now. They finish the bowl and look at each other and ask, "dudes, so now why did get together?" Oh the irony.

Tags: