Easton has UA arrow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by copperhead, Feb 8, 2017.

1. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like EASTON as teamed up with Under Armor for a UA themed arrow. Shame after last years fiasco I guess its time for me to find another arrow brand. Silly I know but there are so many other good choices out there all I need is a small reason.

https://eastonhunting.com/target/6mm-axis-under-armour/

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Easton Axis arrows but I won't be buying those next time around. Hopefully, they won't all be UA branded. I would hate to switch arrows, but UA's logo will not be in my quiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is that this was in the works long before the Bowmar spearing incident. And if you don't want to support UA just don't buy that arrow. I'm not sure I would boycott Easton for offering a product with their logo on it. If you don't buy it, UA doesn't get paid. Pretty simple concept really.

But hey, if you're looking to get out of your Axis arrows give Black Eagle a look. I love my Rampages and they have the same I.D. as the Axis and will accept a HIT insert. :tu:

4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man this UA hate is getting old.

5. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Fair enough I won't bring it up again.

6. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    good plug for Black Eagle. At the moment it down to the Rampage or the GT Kinetic Kaos. Leaning towards Kaos because I can tweak the weight a little more.

7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    But, just did a little research. You guys are making a pretty good statement. UA stock has dropped from $86/share to $21/share this year.

8. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    To be clear I don't hate Under Armor at all. All around the incident at the time bad decisions were made. At the end of the day they have to run a company and ultimately feed their families. But I personally feel that we as hunters were left out in the cold in the face of diversity. I would have been perfectly fine with a neutral reaction. Instead we got what we got. At the end of the day there are too many good products out their that perform as well as another. Its the small things that separate them. I won't buy UnderArmour or anything related but I won't persecute someone that does either.

9. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    I would agree with you on this being in the works before the Bowmar incident. I would find hard to believe that an Archery company like Easton would strike that deal after the fact with all the blowback UA's hunting product line has received. Hopefully, it will be short-lived.

10. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They stock has dropped due to two splits over the past 18 months. Not so much cause of loss of revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't care what brands people use but if your gonna stop using brands cause they are associated with other company's then you might as well give up the sport imo
    Look through various catalogs or watch various shows and you will see company's intertwined throughout.

Case in point in the new Mission catalog
    Shows guy with Under Armour Sweatshirt and mission bow and Yeti cooler.
    Does this mean people shouldn't be shooting Mission or Mathews bows or use Yeti coolers. I don't think so.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL what is this? a carbon axis arrow that costs 50 bucks more??? lol

13. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I understand the partnership between bow and arrow companies when licensing specific camo patterns. Guys seems to want to match their setups, etc. Hunters seem to be getting more and more fanatical about their camo loyalty. Just look at all the threads on Sitka. Not saying this in a bad way. Look at Chevy having a special edition Realtree truck.

I'm not sure what else these companies have cooking in the partnership department. Easton wants to attract UA fan's into their product line. Maybe beat a competitor to the punch. Maybe they are cosponsoring some hunting shows. Executive or board tie? Etc.

It's good on the marketing front, unless of course their hunting brand is really tarnished to the point of no value. That's not the case here. So, more partners talking about your arrows the better in Easton's case.

In this case, I doubt few if any Easton fans will stop buying an Easton branded arrows because of a marketing partnership.

Me personally, no...I continue to not buy any additional UA hunting related gear. Arrows wise, I'm happy with my Carbon Express Reds.

14. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't hate UA either. I just choose to not support them. I haven't burned any UA stuff I have, which isn't a lot but I still wear it. They make good gear but just don't really support hunters. If people ask me about my stuff I tell them and give them my opinion. they can choose for themselves.

As Justin mentioned, if the UA logo isn't on the product, UA won't make a profit. You don't have to boycott an entire company for UA to not make money. However it might make you wonder why a well known archery company wants to work with UA considering. Either way it's all about money in the end and I choose to not give UA any more of mine. Everyone else can do as they please.

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Uh no they did not meet expectations, the stock dividend did not meet forcasts, their sales around the holiday were disapointing. Not saying that the whole dropping of the hunter was the cause. Brick and mortar that UA relies on is not strong.

16. Dub-C

Dub-C Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you guys really wanna stick it to Easton and UA, send me all of your Easton arrows and I'll dispose of them by shooting them repeatedly until they're wore out, broken, or lost.

Coop likes this.
  17. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Stock usually doesn't drop from a split. I used to work for Intel Corporation, the chip manufacturer. Stock splitting usually means revenue is good and making a crap ton of money. Trust me, VP's used to pay cash for Corvette's with their bonus check alone.

18. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You better get rid of your Hoyt too since they have a deal with UA camo.

19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    As long as the UA logo isn't on it, I don't care. My Hoyt does not have the UA Camo, wouldn't buy one with it. Next one I buy will be all black or buckskin. I think both look better than the UA Camo anyway. I will still buy Easton arrows without the UA logo. Just not the ones they put it on. I am not against companies forming partnerships, its business. Just as it is business for me to choose how and when I spend my money. UA logo = I am out.

The few UA products I have owned before the whole Bowmar issue were, in my opinion, overpriced and underperforming. I stopped buying UA products before that. The Bowmar issue just convinced me not to look to UA in the future.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  20. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like an excellent time to buy in.

I'll be shooting my Black Eagles out of my Halon 32 in Ridge Reaper Barren...

Why? Because I like it! and the $11 royalty that UA is going to get from Mathews will help them just about as bad as everyone burning the hats they already bought, hurt them.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017