Bareshafts vs fletched

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jeffrey Jones, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got out in the yard today at 20 yds after cleaning some Goldtip 7595s up to bareshafts to see what type of arrow flight I would get and my bareshafts are all hitting right and low. Does anyone have any suggestion as to why this is the case? My fletched is dead on center so I'm stuck at this point. What should I do first.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The first thing to do is clear up the low impact. If in fact the shaft is low ( as apposed to the nock end only). Lower your nocking point a touch, 1/32 at a time till is clear or your a dead level.
    After that you can fix the right hit bare shaft which is an indicator that your under spines.

3. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed that you want to address the vertical plane before the horizontal, as that can cause compounded flight issues. Once your arrow is flying level, move your rest a touch to the left and see if it makes your BS fly better or worse in relationship to your fletched arrow....shoot both in the same end for comparison. If you just focus on your BS, you can simply be moving your fletched arrow to the left to compensate for your BS via the adjustments. Spine could be an issue if you are near the edge of the spine range as weak shafts will fly right for a RH shooter. However a slight rest adjustment can have a big effect if you are spined correctly and just a bit away from the "sweet spot".

Have you ever done a walk-back or modified French tune? If not, google those terms and check out the videos or write-ups.