Are you a snitch?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ruck139, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you see or hear of game violations such as baiting, trespassing, night hunting, using other peoples tags, guns during archery season, ect., do you look the other way, or do you make the call. I have always minded my own business, but no more.
    Not sure how bad it is everywhere, but where I hunt this kind of crap is rampant, and I'm just sick to death of being at a distinct disadvantage because I follow the rules. It pains me to be a snitch, but it pains me more to hear about deer being taken blatantly outside the rules.

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I have called in a conservation officer before on someone!

4. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What state are in?

5. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    there are regulations/laws put in place for a reason. It's for the safety of not only the people hunting but also for bystanders and the animals as well. Let's use an example shall we, that would be like putting a beautiful woman at a bar seeing how many guys/gals hit on this "beautiful" woman and then following them around and beating them up after. everyone here i hope follows all the reg's and rules that are implemented by each and every state. I'm a police officer and i expect someone to come up to me and tell me that if they saw something that was wrong or out of place. Remember if you SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!!!.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone breaking a game law is stealing from law abiding hunters, it is not snitching.

7. BigEv

BigEv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i mind my own business until it impacts me personally. i cant relate with your mention of baiting and that taking deer from you. if that is happening to me, if so i am not aware. where i do draw the line on getting law enforcement involved is when things get stolen. the game warden where i hunt now has a key to my place and is hoping to catch the guy that has been stealing from us and a couple clubs around us. i have called the sheriff once due to people spotlighting in urban areas. i wouldnt classify myself as a snitch but when public safety is of concern..i'll do my part and i think you would too bud.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It goes beyond baiting any intentional violation is taking from those that follow the laws.

9. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't yet but I would if need be. it's important for us to help out the C.O.'s cause there are so few of them. Call the T.I.P. line and remain anonymous.

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the law being broken. Trespassing on someone else's land it is up to the landowner to call the police.(DNR doesn't have authority to enforce trespassing in Wisconsin.) If I have permission on the same land then I will let the landowner know and hopefully he takes action. Otherwise I have high standards and ethics when it comes to the outdoors. I will call!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  11. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I call, but always find it interesting when you call out a violation on an internet forum and are called a bunny cop wannabe....You would think forums dealing with the outdoors would support the law abider......But they don't always

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

12. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I probably wouldn't bother. my neighbor called on a road hunter that she physically seen shoot a deer and called. she even went to court to testify and it went nowhere. all it did was waste her time. i don't put a lot of faith in our judicial system and law enforcement in my area. if someone is screwing with me in the woods and i know who they are it will be returned ten fold.

13. dukester78

dukester78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live here in east Tennessee out deer hunting found two guys baiting a bear got comfortable called the game warden don't consider it snitching was doing my part as a hunter if I caught them again would do the same cost me too much money too turn my head

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

14. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If somebody is breaking the law it's our "duty", within reason, to advise the authorities. There are waaaay too many folks who "don't want to get involved" and that's what keeps the scumbags being scumbags!! Get involved.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  15. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!
    Nobody wants to be "that guy", but at the end of the day, it could be your land being trespassed on, your stands being stolen, or your neighbor causing the spread of CWD! I have respect for DNR officers and Wardens dealing with difficult individuals every day.
    We can help them by providing as much assistance and information as possible. As mentioned in this thread already, these folks are stealing from law abiding citizens. He/she doesn't have to be your neighbor for him/her to steal from you! Less game in one region, will displace those hunters and cause them to go hunt/fish elsewhere and then it may very well become your problem. Fish & wildlife violations have a way of trickling down and becoming everyone's problem sooner or later. Nip it in the bud when you can!

16. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Signature worthy. Well said.

17. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is not snitching. It is doing the right thing.

Sick of societal "norms" twisting terms like this.

18. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Worlds worst snitch here. I don't care so much about the "law", it's just that poachers utter disrespect for private property and their brain dead lazy azz mentality pisses me off. They're also dangerous as heck. I can respect someone on a neighboring property putting in due diligence and killing a few deer out of the herd but to think someone is lazy enough to drive along the road and pot shoot deer out in someone elses fields without permission (with or without a spot light) or trespass to hunt...I have no respect for whatsoever. It makes me wish I could go into their house and take something they hold valuable just to show them how crappy what they do is because I see it as the same thing.

19. StinkyMatt

StinkyMatt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    "Snithch" all the way and proud of it.

I hate law breakers of any kind. I will go out of my way to turn in a criminal. Especially if it is a fellow hunter. They bring a bad name to the sport and give anti-hunters reasons to shut us down.

If you do nothing it means that you condone it.

In my book its black and white.

20. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Squeal like a stuck pig! Got the Tip Line in contacts so I can speed dial. New Smarter-than-me phone will have video emailed to the Possum Police most quick. While I may not shoot you in the woods or on the water like I would if I caught you stealing in my house... but I sure hate a thief!