QAD Exodus Swept

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RiverBottom15, Jan 16, 2017.

1. RiverBottom15

RiverBottom15 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using Rage Hypo's for a couple years and I rethinking my setup. I think I am going back to a fix blade. I have learned all heads will work when shot back but a good fixed is better when hit forward. So now that a lot of fixed heads fly so good I think a good fixed is the way to go. Yes, when all goes well a big cut mechanical is great. I am trying the Exodus swept and would like some feed back from some of you that is using them.

2. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have not tried the swept, but the full blades are rock solid, sharp and the blades are good and thick.
    I've pulled them out off the ground after a pass through and they still spin true.
    They are tough and fly great on a tuned bow.

3. RiverBottom15

RiverBottom15 Newb

Dislikes Received:
  4. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They are the best. I've killed 7 bucks with them in 3 years. 6 pass thru's with 45 pounds. They are rock solid, as mentioned above. I too have found that they are perfect even after going through the deer. I also use the full blades. I would recommend these heads to anyone.

Sent from a piece of paper, tied to a rock.

5. Fullrut1

Fullrut1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I cant speak for the swept, but I have shot a few deer with the full blades. Nothing but good things to say about them. They fly right with my field points, and they are super tough. I knew as soon as I took them out of the package that they were going to be a super tough head. Give them a try, you wont be disappointed!

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would recommend them also! I shoot the swept and am very pleased with the results!

sent from my mini hand held phone

7. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think they'll be an outstanding head. Being a fixed blade guy, I've been shooting Slick Tricks for years and won't change. But the Exodus, being all steel and super short, coupled with thick blades, should prove to be a bone splitter.

Also, I like what you're saying and believe you're on the right track. I too believe in planning and building a setup for the not so great shot instead of the great shot. Bailed me out last year in Missouri.

8. RiverBottom15

RiverBottom15 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We were in Nebraska this past year and my friend shot a 180+ buck and the rage bent, broke blades, curled the tip never found deer. I know he didn't make a perfect shot but I do believe if the head had held up it would have been more damage and a dead buck. he shoots a 450 grn arrow and 72#, 29" draw so he had the power. The head did not hold up at all. That is one thing that got me rethinking. Fix head may not have worked but I do think it would have given a better chance and held together better.

9. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Exodus broadhead is indeed a solid broadhead. with its design you can shoot a field point and the balance point is the same. Nothing but good things to say about the head. Only concern is that some states classify the swept back blades as barbed so check your local laws to make sure they are legal. If not the full blades should be.

10. WiRutJunkie

WiRutJunkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive shot the Full blade version and have taken 8 deer with them. So far I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are tough and fly great. With the swept heads you might want to check on your local regulations about "barbed" heads because I think they may qualify as that. Just something to think about. Good luck!

11. Jordan86

Jordan86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot a little buck and two big boar hogs with the swept blade version. I love them. They work great and really do fly just like my field points. I shoot 125grs and they penetrate great. I haven't shot much for fixed blades but haven't had a reason to try anything else. I don't think you'll be disappointed.