ScentLok Full Season TAKTIX Jacket and Pant

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love the wrist and thumbhole cut!! Also the NeverWet technology is awesome...curious however holdup over time ability of this feature?

Might keep my eye out for a discount code to use and grab this if money allows.

3. ruteger

ruteger Guest

Can anyone give a review on these? How do they do as far as wind protection is concerned? What temperature range have you used them in? How water resistant are they really? Do they breath? Durability? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2017
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    It's good, but not great. I'd say you're good in anything up to 15 mph. Over that, you'll want something that's actually wind proof.

I've worn this suit from about 70 down to about 30 with the right layers. I would probably go colder if there wasn't much wind. Seems like all of our really cold temps so far have been accompanied by high winds this fall.

If you're expecting waterproof - this isn't the garment for you. It works pretty well in a light rain for an hour or two, but anything longer or harder than that and you're going to get wet.

Yes

Hard to say - it's only been less than a full season of use. But so far so good.

Honestly it's one of my favorite all-purpose hunting suits I've ever owned. Fits great, very quiet, versatile and comfortable.

ruteger likes this.
  5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The thumbhole cut you see is from the Nexus base layer that's under the jacket. As for the wrist cut - I really don't like it. Covering an extra inch on the back of my hand really doesn't do anything for me, and that point gets caught when I try to put my hands into my pockets when it's cold out. It's actually the one thing on this jacket that I don't like.

tynimiller likes this.