Obama Signs REC Act Helping Archery, Bowhunting, and Shooting Sports

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Don't care, Obama get off our side we don't need assistance we pay our own way. I was taught to believe for every gov't program started to assist there are liberties given up and choices compromised.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  3. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    All that bill did was direct the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis to assess and analyze --- Don't hold your breath for anything positive to come out of it.

4. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He built a soccer field for the dirtbag Gitmo detainees and did so without congressional oversight. My point is if that phallus-with-ears really wanted to promote archery, it would've been done already. A president can do almost anything he wants under a certain dollar amount.

5. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our political leaders, not just Obama going through a process to make it look like they are doing something, while actually doing nothing.

And you know there will be a cost associated with analyzing and assessing.

Best thing about government being deadlocked is they are not doing anything to screw up.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    “By tracking our collective economic impacts, we can present hard, factual data that show why our concerns and priorities matter,” McAninch continued. “No one can ever again say we’re just pulling numbers out of the air. We’ll be able to back up our claims with data no one can question. The government will know the actual economic impacts of archery and bowhunting when it calculates the country’s gross domestic product.”

ROFL...mmm okay, if you say so.

7. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The constant studying and analyzing of statistics is just nauseating. Just do things because they are the right thing to do. We should swap out some of those worthless middle school and highschool classes with ethics, philosophy, and mental dexterity classes.

8. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: Man, there is just no pleasing you guys. The ATA, along with dozens of other organizations, worked for years to get this passed. This isn't something that your favorite buddy Obama just did on a whim at the end of his term. They're trying their hardest to help protect and secure our hunting and fishing rights for the future, one step at a time. Recognizing the economic impact that recreational industry has on our economy as a whole is a very important step in doing that.

9. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Justin, your statement identifies the problem. It took them years to get this passed. Its not a knock against the ATA, it is our government as a whole. Why should it take years to pass something that doesn't do anything except spend money to analyze? At this rate, they MIGHT actually get something done that will do something when my grandkids grandkids are ready to hunt. Unlikely though.

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    First you'd have to get some teachers qualified to do that, one's that aren't gay or hard core liberals would be a good start but good luck with that in todays school system.

You can give it the benefit of the doubt if you want, I'm too cynical when it comes to democrats motives to do anything but worry about their actual purposes. Usually when they do something like this it's because they're trying to find new ways to pilfer more money.

11. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The bill was introduced by a republican and a democrat. It went through congress with bipartisan support. If you don't like the bill fine but it's not some type of liberal agenda. Would you guys rather have bills passed which have a negative impact on hunting?

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have a problem with the bill. I'm not sure why Obama is given any special credit for this since all he did was sign a bill that had been passes by both houses. There would be no reason for a veto on a bill like this.

13. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some of these posts are unbelievable. I realize that Democrats aren't usually on the side of hunters, but the moment there is good news that Obama has done something to benefit us, it's all rejection, snarky comments, defiance, pride, etc. Why? Justin's right, there is no pleasing anyone.

14. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They already have pass bill that negatively impact hunting, and a lot of other 2nd amendment rights. Lot of firearm restrictions have impacted hunting including shot gun hunting. To start with closing down the only lead plant in the US. Forcing the VA to report any veteran that gets any kind of treatment for stress disorders, etc. so they can be placed on a list to be blocked from owning a firearm. and many more. I for one would not trust them to come up any legitimate numbers regarding their annalists.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from putting his signature on a bill that was not his idea, and had already been passed by both houses, what exactly did Obama do here to help hunters out? This bill has nothing to do with Obama. I'm not saying that to detract from him or to promote him, just pointing out that we tend to give the wrong people credit or blame for that matter.

16. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What does any of this have to do with the REC Act? You think I'm not aware there have been laws passed which are not good for hunters and sportsman?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  17. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I ❤️ Obama.

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Well, we can at least agree on that part....

19. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great news the bill was passed but I do not give credit to Obama. He probably didn't even know or care what he was signing at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Obama could cure cancer and some would still *****....I'm not a fan of his but :tu: this for sure.