Need input for a new bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alenhard15, Oct 28, 2016.

1. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone shoot the Matthews Z3 or Z2? I am looking to get a new bow after the season or sometime this summer once i graduate and am making some money and these seem to be the Matthews that are in my price range at my local bow shop (Lancaster Archery). Any other recommendations?

2. dewdrop90

dewdrop90 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good friend of mine has Z3 and he like it. Said it ain't as fast as some of the other but it's good enough. I shoot the creed xs and like it. Has solid back wall and a smooth draw. But if I had to choose any I'd be shooting a chill R or chill Sdx. They are a lot more forgiving bows and a quick. I don't know if u can around where u live but here u can finance it same as cash 0% interest for a year which ain't bad instead of getting hit all at once for it.

3. alfarah50

alfarah50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got the no cam htr this season and I'm in love with it

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Z3 is an old design but personally one of my favorite bows of all time, the Z7 (mine is the z7x). It's not going to be the fastest on the market, but it's a heck of a good shooter.
    There are a number of bows in that price range. Try them all.

5. Johnson.Outdoors

Johnson.Outdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Mathews Z7 and I love it, but there's always that aspect of "ooo shiny, new, pretty" that comes when these companies release a new bow each year. I've shot the NoCam HTR and I will say the draw is extremely smooth and its very accurate, downside it's not as fast as some of the other bows out there, I've also shot the Halon, to me, it felt like it wanted to jump out of my hand (but I hear that's how most dual cams are) it shot fast, and was also very accurate, but didn't seem all that forgiving. To switch manufacturers, I've also shot the Hoyt Nitrium and Carbon Spider HDX, both shoot very well, again, they felt like they were going to jump out of my hand. (dual cams)

All in all it's going to come down to what is best for you, shoot them all and pick what you feel is the most comfortable and makes you happy. Good Luck and have a great season!

6. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would strongly suggest shooting many different makes and models before you set yourself one particular bow. It's all about personal preference on what bow feels right to shoot. Also don't be afraid of a price tag. Most shops have huge markups and will come down considerably if get serious about a particular bow. I set on an Elite last year because it smooth shooting and the price was right, but then I went and shot some Mathews that were way more expensive, but I really liked the way they shot too. Long story short, I ended up getting a Mathews for the same price as the Elite. About $300 less than the original sticker price.

7. TomTom1

TomTom1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Matthew Z7 close to the same bow,great bow.

8. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would consider looking into buying a used z7 if I were looking at those models. You'll save yourself some $$$

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk