What's the latest you'll go into a stand?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by shady oaks, Oct 20, 2016.

1. shady oaks

shady oaks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a stand that's 100 yards or so from a stand. I access it from a road from the west through crp land. Tonight I withheld shooting what I believe was my top target buck due to low light and not being 100% certain. He went all down the food plot hitting multiple licking branches and scrapes. He's coming out of woods further west, beyond the food plot. I've got class tomorrow and can't get out until an hour before he's been showing up. And no, I can't skip class, nursing school is priority. Am I cutting it too close?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can't kill him from class. Take your time and move in slow, an extra minute or two isn't worth more noise. Climb in quietly and shut up.... have had deer come in while I was pulling my bow up....so it can be done.

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You really can't predict when he will move going forward from this week. Bucks are starting to prepare for the rut. If you can get in early hit those scrapes with some pee. That will start sparking his curiosity. There's a good chance he's not hitting this spot every night, but also remember the wind and try to sit again with the same wind.

4. shady oaks

shady oaks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That's the issue with this stand. Very seldom do we have a wind that works for it. That is part of the reason I am contemplating trying to make a play at it despite the late arrival.

5. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If the wind is right I say go for it. Go very slowly and quietly but go for it