First Deer Pictures

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NebMo Hunter, Oct 4, 2016.

1. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you have a picture of your first archery buck, post it here

not a monster but was enough to make my heart skip that day!
    did the euro myself so it's not perfect but this head is proudly displayed on our cabin wall
    broken G2 and all

Just looking at these pictures I can remember the feeling right before I shot and after I watched that arrow pass through him, man, gives me goosebumps as I type.

My first buck was 11/02/2014, I'm not as seasoned an archery hunter as most of you, grew up on guns until I saw the light

IMG_20141102_091242_314.jpg IMG_20141202_172652_644.jpg IMG_20141102_095050_517.jpg

2. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1st Buck.jpg
    Haven't shot a buck with my bow this big, or from this far since. Was my first season bow hunting, and it was during the firearms season. 38 yard shot and went 30 yards. Hit him dead nuts right in the heart. Scored 136", and I didn't even realize how good that was for NY until all of my buddies came and helped me track him. I was shaking uncontrollably and when we walked up on him my best friend spotted him first, and picked me up like a child over his head in celebration. All the neighbors came by to see it, my dad ordered food for everyone and bought a couple of cases of beer (coming from a family of non-hunters, I was overwhelmed with how impressed they were). I'll never forget that day, or how hungover I was in the am.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was also a late starter to bowhunting. I shot this buck on 11/11/11, so I'm sure I will never forget the date. I have been fortunate enough to take a buck with my bow every year since. Hopefully I can keep that trend going for a long time.

[​IMG]