Pinch/Stand point Recommendations for newer hunter

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by stince, Sep 30, 2016.

1. stince

stince Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey y'all, been a fan for years but finally first year hunting 100% bow. {bowhuntordie}

These are my 2 plots to hunt - I've seen plenty of shooters on cam, but only having limited budget, tracking their early season moment is difficult with limited cams.

Based on the aerial, where would you recommend for stand placement, I have my ideas but always looking for more! ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1475288861.544186.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1475288871.210529.jpg

2. Bowsage

Bowsage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You'll learn more with your eyes than some pics of deer. Cameras don't see tracks , droppings, trails, rubs , scrapes, beds, available food, heck you can't even jump a deer with a camera and it is looking only in one place.........your head is smarter than your camera!....Good Luck

3. meatseeker

meatseeker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try and set up on an inside corner. The one pin would need to be moved to the right to get to that location. A very experienced hunter friend of mine told me deer like inside corners. I think it has to do with feeling more protected as they come out and survey the field.

4. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The 2nd picture looks good on the inside corner of the bottom right or that middle area of that strip on the bottom right.

But get out there and try some spots and walk around and look around. You will find better spots by walking around. Maps just give you a general idea where to start. You will find the real sign at times in spots you never thought it would be.