I hate predators!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ernmcburn, Sep 23, 2016.

1. ernmcburn

ernmcburn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So today I was riding with my brother taking my cousin back to his house. In the middle of the lane I see a fawn. At first Im like thats cool, next thing you now I notice it has and giant, I mean giant chunk of flesh missing on its back right thigh. Think itll make it? Its so frustrating, this is my uncles land and he never trys to get rid of predators. I hope it makes it...

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Would not be so sure it was a predator, not sure it will live either all depends. Circle of life.

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    if you hunt, you are also a predator. The only difference is that their predation is to survive. I can't speak of your reasons for hunting but I hunt because it's a passion and an ancient survival instinct that still exists in my dna, but not to survive. I can go to the butcher shop. As much as it sucks when coyotes and bobcats and other predators dent the deer herd, I really don't understand the hatred towards them. They do need to be kept in check but I don't hate them for doing what they need to do to exist.

4. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. The predator issue for me is a love/hate thing. Love to hunt them in the winter.....hate what they do to the deer population.

5. Bowsage

Bowsage Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure we kill more deer than predators do.

6. Pine tops

Pine tops Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only problem I have with predators and in particular coyotes is the ever growing numbers and there move into urban areas.

7. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Predators are harder to kill and trap.

8. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have often toyed with coyote hunting, I practiced with all the calls and scouted out some spots, but I can't bring myself to do it because I can't think of any other reason for killing them than, "It'll be fun." If I managed deer or other livestock, or if there were too many of em around that would be one thing, but I kind of like hearing them sing at night. But I don't judge anyone who does it for fun, if I had a buddy that did it I would probably be out there with him.

9. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Out here in the east (NY) I believe they are the most challenging think to hunt.

10. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree Ash d. I'm in the Midwest and consider my self a pretty good hunter. not the best by a long shot but I have above average success.....then I started Coyote hunting. lol. let's just say I've been humbled. so far I've called in and killed around 20 coyotes but it took me 4 years to get one in without bait. I've killed a bunch over bait sites but calling them in is Tough!