I turned my climber into a game cart

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Windwalker7, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got it the other day and my first impressions are pretty good. I do think that rough terrain and hills will be a problem. But for level trails, fields or open woods this should be great. Here is my video review. Turn Your Climbing Stand into a Game Cart with Sherpa - YouTube

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I be,,,, madness pure madness is all I can say. Hopefully, you can show us how it works with a deer in tow

3. Bradleyprejean87

Bradleyprejean87 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kenny10177.. Couldn't you just wash your stand off when you got home if any blood got on it? I think that's a pretty good idea and will help them public land hunters out... I mean if you never drug a deer and your climbing stand on your back with your bow and equipment off of public land you don't know what that's like... you don't have the luxury of using an ATV or truck and you for sure don't want to make 2 trips when your REALLY far back into the woods

4. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a great idea, it's got to be much easier the dragging one out.

5. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree, plus you can find a cheap game cart with big wheels for $59.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think it is a very cool idea and I wish you luck using it. Few things to think about if you have never used a cart before.

- Pack some extra rope with you. You will need to use it to tie that big buck up so it lays nice on the cart (stand). If the weight is leaning to much to one side, it will tip over on ruts, boulders and laydowns.Tie everything and your gear tight and balanced.
    - Cross laydowns at a 90 degree angle
    - If there is not a lot of distance between the handle and the axle, be careful of it smashing into your ankles.
    - If you have two guys, having a person in the back to lift it over larger objects is awesome.

Again, good luck with it!

7. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like it, might try it, but I have a cart already

Thanks for posting video thou

8. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do you carry the wheel/etc with you on every hunt? That sound like a bummer to me.

Do you go back to the truck to get them? If so, why not take your stand back and get a real cart.

But what do I know? I hunt several private land parcels and can get a truck or ATV within a couple hundred yards of any deer we shot in the last 30 years.

9. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got it as an easier way to haul all my gear to the tree. For the last few years I have been looking for an easier way. I have my weapon, gear, cameras, camera arm and lunch. This is alot to pack in on my back. I do have a small game cart that isn't big enough for my stand. I think this set up will work well if only to get my stand and gear to my spot. If I tag a deer, I'll find a way to get it out either with this cart or the other. Mostly got it to make the trip to the stand easier.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk