Can anyone tell me anything about the rage three blade chisel tips?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Skylar oren, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Skylar oren

Skylar oren Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using these broadheads for two years now. Im not really sure how i feel about them... I have shot two deer with them now and was unable to complete the recovery the blood trail was very weak and finally ended. I know one was a perfect double lung and the other was far back very dark blood. Gave the deer all night and still nothing turned up... The only reason im still shooting them is because of how true they fly. Anyone?

2. Bradleyprejean87

Bradleyprejean87 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rages have bad penetration problems.... I'm sorry I know some ppl will defend them till they are blue in the face because every deer they shot opened a hole the size of texas and I never said they don't do this but they also fail pretty often... its the rear deploying blade design... any rear deploying blade looses so much energy when going right into the animal that it causes lack of penetration.. if you don't believe me just watch video after video of lets say BOHD and notice how many deer don't get a complete pass through because of the NAP broadhead design and if that doesn't do it go watch videos of the drury team on their shows and count how many times they don't pass through a deer even when guys are shooting really sooped up bows... the ones that do get pass throughs either shot far back or really low... can I ask why haven't you tried a grim reaper or rocket broadhead? I personally guaranty they will fly exactly like your broadheads and there will be NO NEED to practice with them just screw them on and go hunting Ive been doing it for YEARS now I never ever shoot a broadhead until I shoot at my first animal when i'm shooting my compound... the over the top design will crush in penetration issues I've shot and crushed both front shoulders before with no problems and still got pass throughs!

3. Bradleyprejean87

Dislikes Received:
    Please everyone save me the WELL I SHOOT RAGE AND THEY BLOW HUGE HOLES WHEN I SHOOT THEM... I never said they don't make big holes just that they don't penetrate a lot of times as good as other designs and its proven in all the videos after video when ppl are shooting rear deploying heads.... if a rage passes through its because it didn't hit anything hard... FACTS ARE FACTS!

4. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    you didn't have a perfect double lung. Or if you did, u need to look harder cause she wouldn't been far

5. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I switched away from them after 2yrs due to a doe that got one thru the lungs and ran 10 yards and stopped. Thought maybe the shot wasn't as good as originally thought so I ran another thru her at a steep angle. She ran 80 yards and piled up but I had little blood trail and ended up finding her in a body search. Shot placement is important but this doe had 2 killing shots in her and should have had a better blood trail.

6. deerhuntinsunof

deerhuntinsunof Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The 3 blade is a bad design the way the blades deploy they can easily hang up on other blades there for not opening all the way. If you insist on rage try the 2 blade chisel tip

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

7. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't blame the broadhead, it happens to some of the deer u arrow. I shot a doe in the heart with the rages. A tiny drip of blood. I thought the head didn't open. Next day I found my die the coyote ate part of her. And I look at the hole it open big through the heart.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do not blame a head because you did not put thought into the requirements for a successful assembly. What was the arrow weight? What is your bow set up? To say a Rage can't take bone is laughable as well, not that it is ideal but with the proper bow and arrow a rage will blow thru a mature bucks shoulder blades.

9. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would never shoot a broadhead that I wasn't 100% confident with. If you are having second thoughts, switch to something else.

10. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do yourself a favor and go get a different head Rage 3 blade heads are terrible

11. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't listen to these negative comments and shoot what works for u.

12. Skylar oren

Skylar oren Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate that so much.

13. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd be curious to know what your setup is. I've seen guys who complain about rage and then see there setup. 50 pounds, 350 grain arrow and then they wonder why the Rage didnt penetrate. As mentioned above, with the right setup the Rage head will blow right through if you do your part. Now with that said, i'm not a fan of the 3 blades like alot of people, i'd rather shoot the 2 blade.

Another thing people need to remember is you can hit them perfect but shot angle and other things factor in how the deer bleed. Alot of times the deer is bleeding alot internally instead of spraying blood out everywhere.

14. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I fixed it for you

15. Bradleyprejean87

Dislikes Received:
    can anyone explain to me why the Drury Boys hardly ever ever get a pass through on their shows? and on BOHD the guys who are shooting bows over 60 lbs have a lot of non pass through shots on deer using the NAP broadheads? I seriously want to see where a rage head broke through a mature bucks shoulder blade! I NEED TO SEE THAT IN PERSON BEFORE I"LL EVER BELIEVE IT!

16. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm.. Apparently the expert has spoken. So I'm just gonna leave these right here and say that they're all I use. Never an issue. Period.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Bradleyprejean87

Dislikes Received:
    Where is the proof that it actually went through the shoulder blade? and did you get a complete pass through on the deer number one? If you did I wanna see a picture of the crushed shoulder blade and proof that the arrow didn't just slide past it.

18. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Lol! Do you see how the deer is deader than a door nail? I have plenty more just like it; all taken with Rage heads exclusively in the last 5-6 years. Some arrows passed through. Some didn't; just like any other head (believe it or not, shot placement, deer size, etc. all factor in to this equation). Don't take it personal, man.
    To the OP: They're awesome broad heads and they've been nothing but devastating in my experience.

19. Bradleyprejean87

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you that they kill animals but my whole point i'm trying to make is that there are SO much better heads that will always pass through no matter what the shot placement if you pick the right head... as you mention some didn't pass through and some did.. I've said this in all my post the ones that hit anything hard will not pass through no matter what your setup is and that's because of the BROADHEAD DESIGN its been proven and proven... yes we strive for the perfect shot placement every time and when it happens its beautiful but I shoot a broadhead for when things aren't just perfect.. I shot a 80 lbs PSE OMEN when they first came out and had trouble passing through deer now if that setup didn't have enough KE I don't know what will... It would pass through an elephant! but put a rear deploying blade broadhead on it and hit a should bone and I was lucky to get 3 to 4 inches of penetration! Here is a little video to back up what i'm saying.. check this guy out this is a TINY TINY deer and no matter what his setup is which im' sure was no less then 60 lbs of draw weight should have just BLOWN through that tiny deer with no problems but what happens! Homestyle Huntin' 3 Rage broadhead kill!! - YouTube

20. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    You lost me in the first sentence. Debating broad heads with you is like debating politics with a democrat.
    Good luck this season, though!