UA Clothing Quality

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mperkins, Sep 16, 2016.

1. mperkins

mperkins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ignoring their whole scandal from this year...is their gear actually worth the investment?? I've had great success from their other stuff but I have never purchased from their hunting line. Basically I always get an UnderArmour card for Christmas and if I need to replace some of my camo I just want to know if its worth it to spend the giftcard on that or if I would be better off spending $$ on something else and just getting regular workout gear from them.

2. bigEhaw

bigEhaw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I don't own any Under Armour gear, but I would say it is the same quality as their workout gear, which is good.

3. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is better quality than what you would find at Walmart. However, Sitka/Firstlite/Kuiu and other brands that are hunting specific are better quality and better designed.

4. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not trying to bash the brand whatsoever, but I've never thought of UA as a "quality" hunting garment manufacturer... more like a mass-produced merchant that prefers to not market through big box stores, though you may have to consider Bass Pro and Cabela's in that vein these days.

I'd just as soon choose Cabela's-branded gear as I would UA. On the other hand, as the previous poster stated, if I were looking for true quality stuff I'd look at First Lite, KUIU, Sitka, etc.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had a lot of it and still have a few pieces and it was all good quality. The fit is "athletic" which I like but some don't. A lot of it is geared towards active hunters so chose wisely so you aren't disappointed and think it's not warm enough or something.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is all recycled plastic bottles

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^This^ Don't waste your money!!

8. Bmiller23

Bmiller23 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two pairs of their boots, hiking style. They are by far the most comfortable boots by far I have ever worn, but that being said if you get 2 seasons out of them it would be impressive. They just don't hold up. And I used to buy fitted heat gear shirts for walking in to my stand early season but after buying some Sitka I would never go back.

Hope this is help full

9. mperkins

mperkins Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This awesome everyone! Last thing I need to be stuck in a treestand freezing my a** off too frozen to shoot a bow.

10. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i bought their cold gear and it work out great did what it said it would do. kept me cold.

i don't think they make warm hunting clothing!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  11. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that UA is junk when it comes to hunting. If you hunt cold weather my best advise is to get a heater body suit.

12. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the treestand base layers from UA. It is the first version they came out with. Way better than the version I seen this year when I was buying all my new SITKA base layers

13. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a ton of UA gear. I've got many base layers, the speed freak jacket and pants, the rut scent control jacket and pants, all of the Ayton gear including the jacket, hooded jacket, pants, and vest. Quite a few pieces of the warm weather gear that i turkey hunt in as well. Several mid layers like the performance pullovers and such.

I've got a Pair of the UA HAW rubber boots that I preferred over my older lacrosse boots.

My experience is that it has performed as advertised with the exception of the scent control. I don't believe any of the company's scent control system actually works.

Layer appropriately and it's warm.

I like it because of the performance and the fit. I also like the lifetime guarantee/warranty! NO questions asked returns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk