Worst Opening Weekend.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by slowmow24, Sep 14, 2016.

1. slowmow24

slowmow24 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So, I get a call from my brother in law who is a HVAC mechanic stating he was coming over to install our new A/C unit on Saturday morning. - first thing went through my head, I asked if he could come during the week and he said he wouldn't be able to come until the end of the month because of how busy he is, needless to say the wife demanded he come). Many of you know happy wife= happy life.

So he said he would be there around 8 and I thought well I will get out their for an evening hunt. Well he didn't show up until 10 and I started to panic, and to make this part short. He didn't have all of his materials so I spent most of the day running to Home Depot (4 trips total). I can't be really mad at him because he was getting me a great deal on a new unit 16 seer unit and was doing the labor for free. Thanks brother-n-law[​IMG]

Anyway he finished up around 3 and still I thought to myself I could make it out to the woods, so I packed my things and drove and hour and half to my nearest stand after getting everything settled, I was in the stand by 5 which wasn't bad except for the heat.

30 minutes into the hunt I get a phone call from my sister-n-law of which my wife was with. I didn't answer because she knows what I am doing. I then get another call and then another. After about the 4th call in a row, I answered. Apparently, my wife didn't bring her keys and they were locked in the house. This wouldn't be a big deal but she was suppose to go pick our daughter up from a friends house by 8:30.

Now I am mad [​IMG] because I can't hunt and I have to drive home to let my wife in the house, so I packed up my gear and drove home (screaming in my head because I know this guys in the bottom picture was coming through regularly)
    Cdy00158.jpg

I told her to go to a restaurant with her sister and I'll pick her up from there and we will go home. When I get to the restaurant her sister had left and my wife was all alone at the bar drunk off her butt. Literally had to hold her up on the way out after only drinking 3 drinks (light weight[​IMG]) So I am thinking great now I have to go pick up our daughter in all my hunting gear smelling the way I do and conversing with our friends.

Get home the wife falls out of my truck and bumps her head and basically knocks herself out. I then had to carry her inside get a cold towel and place it on her head. She came too in a Walking Dead zombie looking way and I told her to lay there while I went to pick up our daughter.

After picking up our daughter, she then told me she had to run to wally world because she had a birthday party the next day, so I did that and also picked up all of our groceries like a good husband.

So, I get back home and the wife of which I placed on the couch some how made it upstairs and was laying with her head up against the bed. Like I said she was zombified so I don't know how she made it there.

All is well and I get up ready for the next morning make it out to my other stand enjoying life and appreciating God's beauty. I see a healthy doe walk out go to pull the bow back and my serving around my D Loop and Cam are starting to unravel on me as I am pulling it back. I quickly let down my release and screamed scaring the doe and any other animal in 3 mile radius. Oh wait the best is yet to come.

It's 9:30 and after screaming, I decided I might as well get down and try and get my bow restrung. I walk back to my four wheeler and the key to start the dang thing is GONE. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Of course, I don't have an extra and I started looking just in case I pulled it and placed it in my pocket like I normally do. After several hours of not being able to find it, I made the decision to push it back to my truck. Well I went about a mile and stopped from dehydration. Luckily, my buddy didn't live to far and he came and pulled me the rest of the way.

Needless to say my opening weekend will be a memory that I will have forever, and will look back later in life and just say I'm glad I am not there.

P.s. the next day I got 3 keys made for my four wheeler (and ordered new custom string for my bow that should be here over night. Sorry for the long message but wanted to be thorough....

2. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lmao2:

At least no one got hurt, very bad.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sorry but that's funny stuff.

4. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds like it really, really sucked!! But, on the bright side it is the beginning of the season

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As a good friend of mine told me that the difference between a tragedy and humor is just a matter of time!

I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you!

Thanks for sharing the smiles.

6. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rough time,when I first saw the title to the thread I thought "somebody fell out of a stand"
    Glad to hear nobody was seriously hurt.

7. canadianmedic

canadianmedic Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have to agree with you! Pretty bad opening weekend and yes happy wife= happy life! Hopefully your next outing is better my friend.

8. bow nut

bow nut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oooooooh dam !!!!!

9. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It could have been worse. Someone could have stepped on your hand as you were leaving a bar.

10. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hope at least you took advantage of the wife to salvage sumpin out of that nightmare.:rock:

11. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you've got all of that bad luck out of the way now, and that the rest of your season is super. Stick one in that big boy you posted a photo of...and I admit your story gave me a chuckle (mostly because it wasn't happening to me!!). Wish you the best of luck.

12. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wow, what an opener.....

13. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ouch!!! Nothing but good things can happen now.

14. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only way to go no is up!! Good luck buddy lol I enjoyed reading this, happy wife happy life

15. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a recipe for disaster!! Hope this weekend is a better one!!

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How did you notice the serving by your cam was bad when you had the bow drawn?

17. slowmow24

slowmow24 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nope she was to wasted and I didn't even want to try.

18. slowmow24

slowmow24 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It literally started to unravel in front of my eyes and it like puffed up but still in tack around my those areas.

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That would be unnerving.

20. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Worst.....overstatement.

Sucked, definitely. But still better than not opening weekend for sure!

Tags: