Any Millennium Treestand‎ users out there

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by pastorjim08, Aug 21, 2016.

1. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to keep talking about my weight loss-not really-but it has caused me to change so many things. All new hunting clothes, which is becoming very expensive and may end my marriage, had to decrease my draw weight, changing my arrows, different broadheads, and now I find I can't sit on anything hard. Sometimes I can't even sit on some padded surfaces for very long. That got me to looking at the Millennium stands for comfort reasons. They look like the seat would be pretty easy on the old backside. So do any of you guys use them and what are your thoughts on them? Thanks everybody.

Blessings........Pastorjim

2. Stykbow14

Stykbow14 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Micro Light but have only set it up in the back yard. Nicely made & very light. Comfortable seat! Easy to hang! My only concern is the reciever system....not sure if it will continue to slide in and out permanently. So far so good! Time will tell.

3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is one hanging at my friend's farm in Ohio. I do not know the model, but it is the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in.

4. kentuckybuck

kentuckybuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the m50 last year and love it. I am 6'3 270 pds and I can sit in it all day. My buddy tried it out and went and bought the m100 for run and gun set. I am thinking about buying m100u this year. I'm sure LW , Xop , and others are good too. But I love my millennium.

5. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought my first Millennium stand due to the constant talk about them. It is a solid stand and the seat has that air cushion feel but I have yet to sit in it for 3-4 hours. First impression is good though. I have yet to find anything more comfortable than my summit climber. I can take some good naps in that thing.

I have found wearing a heavy vest as part of my under layer alleviates a lot of my back pain while leaning against a tree.

6. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the M 7 microlite and the seat is very comfortable. I have done all day sits in it no problem. The platform is big enough to stand up on with the seat down. The down side with model is the seat isn't adjustable, but I never felt I needed to adjust it. The seat slopes back towards the tree pretty good, so it makes you feel like your leaning back.

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have the M25, M50, M100 and M100U. They are BY FAR the Most Comfortable stands on the market. So Much So that A LOT of stand manufacturers are beginning to imitate their seat design. I have sat in my M100 and M100U for over 10 hours straight. I never stand up in my stand during my hunt unless I am ready to shoot or the hunt is over. The Cam Loc Receiver makes hanging the stand a breeze as well. Get the Foot Rest, it makes a world of difference!

If I had to choose 1 it would be the M100U. It only weighs 11.5 lbs and you can get it online with Free Shipping for $159.99.(see the link below) Let us know which one you decide on. :tu:

Home page - Rogers Sporting Goods

Matt/TN likes this.
  8. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    Been using mine for 3 years with the same receiver system. DDW makes a good scent free oil that you can use on it if you need to.

9. BigHackAttack

BigHackAttack Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Many Stand Locations... Less money

I agree with sharpeye... BY FAR the most comfortable stand I have ever sat in.

Another thought to consider. I have an M100U and I have a total of 7 receivers. I have 6 permanent locations with the climbing sticks and 1 receiver I use with my lone wolfs and a run and gun mindset. I have ALL these locations and the ability to be mobile with ONE STAND. ONE! Did I say I only have ONE stand? BTW, I also take my stand with me every night with no problems putting it in or taking it out.

Just sayin... I don't think you can get the comfort AND the ability to hunt as many locations with another stand.

BHA
    (BigHackAttack)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome!!

11. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had he M100U and like everyone else has said, they are the most comfortable hang on money can buy. If you want comfort get the M100 or M150

Now, my only gripe with these stands is also what makes them so comfortable. The big seat. The big seat can make these stands a little tricky getting in and out of. Secondly, they can also be a little more difficult to stand up in. The seat was a little too low for my liking and I wish they had the adjustable seat height feature on the M100U.

I sold my M100U and may regret it a little. I may buy another one but it will either be the M50 or M150 this go around. I really wish the M100U had the platform leveling system as well as an adjustable seat height but that's just me being picky.

I'll probably spend the majority of my time in my climber as always but I do like to have a few hang on stands setup too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. NCcrittergitter

NCcrittergitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 4 M25, M50, and 3 M150. We recently converted all18 stands on our OH farm to millenium. There are several copies, sportsman guide has one for $71. Millenium has the market comfort.

13. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, you all had some great responses. Plus you guys gave me some other factors to consider besides comfort, such as the mobility with using their receiver mount. One question about that bracket. Since it is metal, do you have a problem with noise where the bracket and stand fit together. Also do you use a ratchet strap or something to secure the bottom of the stand. It looks like if you don't secure the platform somehow it would be prone to kicking out on you. Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

14. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't put a second strap on and yes they can kick out if you put side pressure on the stand. The ratchet can be loud, but you can operate it with almost no noise with a little practice. The only other thing is its a hollow tube stand, so if you bang the straps or hanging bracket against the stand it can make some noise.

15. Fezzik

Fezzik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought a m100u. haven't hunted with it yet, just test hangs, but I see what the all the hype is about. It seems extremely comfortable, might rival my summit. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks

16. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We have several, not sure which model. Seat is comfortable although a bit low for me. I however will NEVER buy another one. I spend most of my time standing and leaning against the tree. The support bar at the front of the seat is extremely uncomfortable to have to lean against. I was bad enough to give me bruises by the end of my first week of vacation.

17. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They come with a tensioner strap for the lower section.
    I have back issues and can't sit in normal stands for 15 min without shifting my weight. In my m100u, I can sit all day without any issues. Also get the cold weather pad as well, it can get a lil cool on the back side without it.

18. marine1986

marine1986 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hve the m25, very comfy and quiet. Hey Jim what movie is your avatar from? It is driving me nuts...

19. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    It is Earnest T. Bass from the Andy Griffith show.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

20. Panacea Nike

Panacea Nike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Just like Matt this is my same gripe. I have the 100u and while it is the most comfortable stand I own to sit in I find I actually sit in it very little. I have a very hard time standing up in this stand, when I do stand up I cannot stand up without a lot of movement. When I hunt from this stand I usually end up standing 90% of the time as not to spook the deer trying to stand up from the seated position. The way this seat is on this stand it also makes it awkward to shoot from the seated position. The seat is low and large, kind of like trying to shoot your bow out of a lazy boy. I will not buy another 100U unless they either make the height of the seat adjustable or raise the height from the platform.