Tactacam

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Berwickbuckmaster, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Berwickbuckmaster

Berwickbuckmaster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guys i just got two tactacams from my bowshop. Im part of the field staff so i got one to use for nothing, and one to keep at a very good price. I want to mount one on the front of my bow in the stab location, and i also want to mount one on my top limb facing me. Trying to kind of get me drawing back as a second view type deal. Has anyone done this? If so how? Im struggling to figure out how to get it mounted on the limb with the stuff that came in the bow package... If it helps i have the NoCam HTR.

Thanks for any help fellas!!

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously this isn't a Mathews, but you can rig something similar with the mounts that are included with the camera. Tactacam_V2.0_HoytBow_0153-2.jpg

3. Berwickbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Justin, thanks man!

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How is the video clarity on shots 20 yards and under?

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The video clarity is great. They have a ton of examples on their website you can look at. As with any bow-mounted camera you're going to have some shake when the bow is shot, but it's not terrible. For the guy looking to spend a little money on a camera to film some stuff during his hunt, the Tactacam is hard to beat. It's compact, light, easy to use and takes very good video.

6. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take note that in the pic JZ provided the cam is not mounted to the limb as you had previously mentioned but onto the riser instead. You won't want to mount to the limb.... js

7. Berwickbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    This is true, thank you for the correction

8. Sburns08

Sburns08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a contour camera that is HD and attaches to my bow, it's a great camera. Nothing against tactacam I've never used one. The quality I get from my contour roam is insane!

9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:

Thanks, any difference in video quality on the riser mounted cams or stabilizer mounted cams?

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I might pull the trigger on this cam. Ive always wanted a camera that was easy and wouldn't cause me to multi-task when trying to film. I suck as it is at bowhunting and don't need to make it any harder. :)

https://www.tactacam.com/shop/bow-package/

11. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As Justin said, the video quality on the Tactacam is great, as it has a 12 mp lens....... I am a dealer for them and have used them for over 2 yrs on everything from hunting (obviously ) to filming grandsons baseball games, football games, and granddaughters concerts !!!! This spring on my bear hunt in Manitoba, had a blackie come in right by the stand ladder the first evening and it is very easy to see the mosquitos swarming around him in the video... Also have a video taken couple years back of a button buck standing 15-18 yards from the stand, and very easy to see the horseflies crawling on him and buzzing around him ....Also, if I'm lucky enough to actually put something on the ground, I put the camera in photo mode, prop it in a tree, and take my selfie with the animal ( it takes a photo about every second until turned off )..... I 'm a bit partial, but I love them !!!!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  12. Berwickbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    Can we get some video examples?!?!

13. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    doesn't matter what you do the videos from a tactacam are always poor quality. the wide angle makes the deer or whatever your filming so small viewers can't even see what you shot. and the camera jerks so bad it loses focus. sorry but I wouldn't have wasted my money on that thing. JMO a good camera arm for the tree would have been a better investment.

14. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, it seems like that just like the politics going on right now, we have a difference of opinion LOL.. Shoot me your email and I'll be more than happy to send you a couple of videos, and I'm pretty sure that you'll find the animals"aren't so small that the viewers can't see what you shot " If your filming game at say 20 yds., it looks like 20 yds in the video not 60yds like some cameras... Also, when I release my arrow, I have a tendancy to jerk my bow.. However the camera has never "lost focus "..... I don't get the super steady image of the arrow hitting ( when I get lucky enough to actually hit something ) but it's my fault for jerking the bow, sure as hell not the cameras fault !!!!!

15. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    shoot me your email address.....

16. wags1

wags1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    shoot me your email address

17. Berwickbuckmaster

Dislikes Received:
    Actually sir, I do believe you're referring to a go pro when you say the tactacam video is wide angle.. LOL. It's actually very good, zoomed POV quality as I just tested it yesterday. I have one in my stab spot facing the target and with a lighted nock it was VERY good quality. I also have one facing back towards me to catch the drawback.

On the other hand I do have a Canon Vixia HD camcorder with a 3rd arm camera arm for the tree. But thanks for your opinion sir, and you have yourself a good season!