Let's talk Bowstrings ...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BuckEyeJay, Aug 5, 2016.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just as it stats let's talk about bow strings favorites and what you like to use and why.
    I've used many different strings and companies from the top mass produced companies to the small ma and pop builders. I've used alot from Threadz, ABB , vapor trail, 60x custom strings , flight wire , zebra , fuse , first string and a couple others. Now it seems to me the smaller ma and pop builders strings hold up better than most the mass produced strings out.my favorites are Threadz and ABB I think these 2 companies are the best out in making strings these strings have no creep or stretch and don't need any shoot in time they stay in tune and last and I always seem to pick up a little fps with custom strings not to boot they look awesome on any bow. What are your guys favorites and why
    I love threadz cause the people there take care of you like family they build top quality strings and cut no corners they might not have the newer technology like cold fusion like Abb has but they are the same quality if not better and they have such great prices I paid 95 for my custom set on my halon 5 that included shipping and there so nice when talking to them on the phone to place an order they make sure your fully satisfied with what you want built before they hang up to make sure there building you the string set you want exactly.
    So let's here your favorites or experiences or if you wana post a pic go ahead.

[​IMG]

2. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bow String Depot, hands down! Amazing quality and amazing customer service! I tell everyone about Hutch! His threads are on my bow now! You can keep those big mass produced strings, IMO. He takes the time to make sure he builds what you WANT and his color combos and pin-striping is amazing! He backs every set he builds also and he stands by that. He worked with me to give me what I wanted in regards to color and material used. I wanted sound/vibration absorbing material while not sacrificing any speed and we came up with going with BCY-X material for my string and BCY Trophy material for my cable, all served with Halo serving. Couldn't be happier with these threads. Will most likely be buying a new bow at the end of this season and the firs thing I'll do is order a set of threads from Hutch!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  3. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    That will be my next set. I'm going to order a set from bsd to try them out I've heard many good things about them he's a small builder like threadz I love keeping small family businesses alive by giving them my business. I'd rather pay more for a great experience and interaction then just going on ebay or something.but I'll definitely be ordering my next set from BSD.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I've use ProString in the past but can't find their website. If that was the name I always had real good luck with them.

5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear that man, I'm the same way! And if the quality, service, and experience is good....well then you can't go wrong.

That's pretty cool how they put the weights back on the bow string in what looks to be the stock locations and then wrap them with their 'threadz" wrap...def cool!

6. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I replaced stock PSE strings with Bow String Depot, extremely happy. Great price, service, and extremely happy with the strings. Best purchase for my bow. I am not an expert on strings, only relaying my experience with BSD.

7. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Bow String Depot threads on all my bows and have been extremely happy with them!! You can't go wrong with Hutch! Great products, great service and great people!!

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    when I wear my winners choice out I will be replacing with bsd

9. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah threadz builds there string sets to match and look like factory to factory specs with there logo's on them that's another reason I love using them your not losing anything like fps like most company's that don't put on the speed nocks or any string accesories the bow builders put them on the bows for a reason when built . There a top quality string at a great price with great customer service.

10. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot a number of the string makers wares from Archery Talk builders and had mixed results.....some were good....others had issues. Then I discovered a local west Michigan fellow who makes Catfish Custom strings. I have used 5 sets of Mike's handiwork on my Prime bows over the past couple years with excellent results. They are well crafted, in specs, stretched for virtually no break-in, excellent servings and no peep rotation.....plus his prices are competitive with fast turn-around on orders. If anyone would like contact information, I can look it up and reply.

11. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice looking set-up.

12. ETABNT

ETABNT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started with Schmidty's Custom strings when i lived in WI..... Great strings.
    I moved to TX and used him as my string vendor when i opened my shop.
    Time was a factor for me i needed faster turn time so i went with Korbin Custom strings in West Texas. those also were great strings. then he sold his customer base to 60X. I was not a fan of there ordering system or the customer service.
    I have now been a Fan of Vapor Trail. Great prices, excellent quality and great customer service. been dealing Vapor trails for 3 years and i have not had any customer issues.

13. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started making my own a couple years ago.
    I always get mine on time...lol

14. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    John's Custom Archery in Moneta, Va. Thats where I got the Obsession. When you buy a bow from him he puts his strings on them with your choice of colors. Does a great job of tuning the bow for you to. So far there has been absolutely no stretch in the strings or cables and the peep stays in place. He even showed me how to make the strings and what he does to pre-stretch them. On top of that he is a great guy to deal with.

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another Bow String Depot customer. I have been shooting their strings for 3 years now (5 different bows) and have never had a bad experience. Great people to work with and they build great string sets. Plus they will make you samples to really see the colors you are considering.