Saved me a bunch of money on Arrows and Sticks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by pick00l, Jul 28, 2016.

1. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I debated posting this...then though, no reason not to. Especially true if it saves some folks cash. Seriously, I have nothing to gain here.

I had a few larger purchases I wanted to make. New arrows, climbing sticks, and a new stand. In searching out for best prices for my arrows, I happened to stumble across Jet dot com. Never really shopped there before but, was aware of the site itself. Prices for arrows were a couple bucks cheaper when you choose the option for no free returns and even cheaper if you pay with a debit card..which I did not do (I only choose no free returns). Since I was a first time shopper...I created an account and was able to get 15% of my first three orders! So, I saved 20 bucks on my dozen Maxima Reds! Total was 105.43 for a dozen bare shafts.

Yesterday I was looking to make my next purchase and choose a 4pack of XOP sticks (I wanted to try them and compare them to my LW set...which I am very happy with. Total cost for the 4pk was 142.96.

With both of these orders..I could have saved a few more bucks if I went with debit. I just prefer to put everything on the amex.

I have until Sept to make my third purchase. I'm out of spending money at the moment so, holding off on a new stand. Was going to get another hang-on. I might actually see what blinds they have...will see.

2. ybohunt

ybohunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet !!,another good website for hunting gear is "campfire.com"

3. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my Piledriver PTXs used on the AT classifieds. 20 for $100. I got lucky that the guy had T-rex arms like me and they were cut to the same length as my other arrows. I'm looking for a stand as well. The Hawk Helium hang ons look nice for the price. The regular size is $130 and the XL is $150. Their sticks look decent as well.

4. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks you are after this Dutchman's heart...I love to save money...more money I save the more gear I can buy..sometimes I wonder if I actually like collecting gear more than bowhunting...nah