Elite problems?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 18andrew, Jul 19, 2016.

1. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is anyone currently experiencing some slow customer service with elite? They've had my bow for 3 weeks just to replace the top cam. Granted I was told 2-4 weeks and yes I'm being impatient but I haven't heard anything from them or the store I sent it through, a buddy also ordered some mods from them and he also has been waiting around 3 weeks.. Anyone else having these issues?

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Try calling them.

3. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bud with all due respect you're still in the window and it's prob the busiest time of year

4. graybeard

graybeard Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are cam problems prevalent with the Elite?

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Told 2-4....been 3. I see absolutely ZERO wrong with this situation yet. Go fishing or something.

6. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had ordered mods through the dealer recently and it took about 9, maybe 10 business days to get them. Now if I would of knew sooner that I could of ordered them myself, I would of.

I called on Monday about a different grip for my Elite Spirit, they said they would it out Tuesday morning, so we will see.

7. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Update... At 3 1/2 weeks I just now received a call and they asked if I wanted it fixed ( well no **** why else would I send it to you) and gave me a price... Now I'm being told another 3/4 weeks to receive the bow? Now I'm starting to get irritated.. I'll be buying a bow press to work on my own stuff from now on.

8. Bowguy

Bowguy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's peak season. Unfortunately everyone has issues around now. The bow press can never be a bad idea though

9. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Having dealt with a lot of different companies for work and for play, Elite is one of the good ones. Cut them a little slack. Sort of like calling a house painter in the middle of the summer and saying, "I'm ready to have my house painted. Can you start tomorrow?" The good painters just might be a little bit busy during that time of the year.

10. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why did the dealer send them your bow for a cam replacement? He could have just ordered it and swapped it out himself.

11. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a bow press and other verious tools to take care of my own bow as well. In general, from what I've seen at our local shop, everyone waits until July-August to get their bow fixed or worked on. April-May is a much better time to get bows worked on. The shop don't rush as much either. It the damage just happened to the cam then ignore my previous comment but from what I've seen most people wait until the last minute to get their bow up an running before the season.

12. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    With the exception of when they first moved the shop I have always had good service from them. Is your dealer an elite dealer? If so it does not make any sense why they would send to elite for a cam replacement. Obviously it's not a warranty work if they are charging so the bow shop should have been able to do the work. Might be time to find a new shop.

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A shop mailed a bow for a cam replacement? What the hell for?

14. JLhunts

JLhunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just had limbs replaced on my synergy a couple months ago. Had tuning issues that couldnt be solved so we called elite tech support they said try new limbs and mailed them the next day free of charge. Elites customer service is second to none in my opinion. I buy from someone that can fix anything that goes wrong with my equipment so it doesnt need to be sent away

15. graybeard

graybeard Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Concur. Mine would have. Anytime I walk in the shop with my bow, at least two people, usually a tech and management, are on me like I'm long-lost kin; that treatment is not exclusive to myself, either.
    I'm just glad there doesn't appear to be an inherent Elite cam problem...
    That's why I buy my gear there even when I'd save money ordering most of it.

16. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think you are over reacting a little. 3-1/2 weeks was inside the 2-4 week window they gave you. Also it is fairly common practice when fixing something (anything) to check with the customer once you have a final price before fixing it.

I have some chipping on the limb pockets on my bow and they want me to send the bow in, then they said they would call once they determined if it was either warranty work or they had a price for refinishing them. I decided not to bother though.

Anyway good luck with your bow man. It is frustrating now but you will be happy once you get it back and can enjoy your bow.

17. MAD 6

MAD 6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cut them some slack? After almost 4 weeks they call him and ask him if he wants it fixed? That is unacceptable - they should have fixed it that day and sent it next day air. I would be pissed too if I had to wait 8 weeks for something as simple as cam replacement.

18. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've had no problems in the past with contacting Elite. Two of the three Elite bows I purchased on AT knowing I would need to have the cams (GT500) changed out due to different draw length. The shop I use ordered the cams and had them delivered to the shop. It took a while for the one, but neither time did my bow leave my house until the shop installed them.

Sorry to hear you are dissappointed in their customer service. They have been much better than any other archery manufacturer that I have used in the past. The closest was Mathews, but the last bow I bought from them was a SwitchBack so not sure how their CS is nowadays.

19. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know its gotta be frustrating! But as has been mentioned it is peak season for them more than likely. Calling to confirm that you want the work done for a certain price is standard. If they perform the work, then send you the bill, you can deny it because you didn't authorize it. I'm also wondering why your "Pro shop" sent it in for a cam replacement? Might be time to look for a new one. I drive
    1-1/2hrs to mine, past other shops because I like how they handle their business. Hope it gets home safe and sound, back in daddies hands.

20. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's the thing... 8 weeks I feel like is just too long. Especially if they offer a next day program to get a bow to you the very next day to continue your hunt if something were to happen to your bow on a trip. I guess that's a different aspect but I'm mainly just frustrated I have to go nearly 2 months without a bow