Camera help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Z2TL66, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Z2TL66

Z2TL66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First time using trail camera.Got 400 pics of grass and sunset ? im hunting in fence row between 2 open fields.Canthe sun set the camera off ?or the wind moving the grass ?

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, both the sun and moving vegetation can set off cameras. When possible, point the cameras in a northerly or southernly direction. Also, positioning the camera higher can help with the grass. That or cutting some of it that is close to the camera.

3. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it definatley can. Trail cameras go by the difference in heat and motion. When i first got into trail cameras I had the same thing happen to me and I would bet most others have as well when first starting out. What I usually do is try to point the camera in a direction the sun wont be beating on the cam in the morning or evening so like Fitz mentioned above. I also bring a pair of gloves and clear out any sticks and weeds in front of the camera. I wear gloves because all humans have an oil on their hands and that could in turn leave scent so i try to leave as little scent as possible to not disturb the area.

4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I actually take my weed eater with me a couple of times a year to knock them down. Weeds will definitely set them off.

Blessings........Pastorjim

5. Z2TL66

Z2TL66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the help.Im old school not up on the tech stuff.I still have the string trail timmers at home......lol

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS^ x1000! Hanging them high also makes it harder for thieves to get o them. Another interesting thing is that clearing an area intrigues deer and they will come check it out.